Used Gun Prices?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's value in buying a good used gun slightly below a good retail price, without sales tax and without paper.

To the OP's question, yes, I believe guns have gone up over the past year. A few guns I've kept track of certainly have. However, most of these increases seem to be gunshow related. I'm stunned by some of the prices I see at gunshows. It's sort of become a game with me. I pick up a gun which is outrageous and purposely act dumb (easy for me) while I work my way around to letting him know how bad his price is. But, of course, he doesn't care.

I recently bought a Sig P238. At the last gunshow I was at (the famous RK $12 fiasco) I saw 2 different dealers who had good selections of them, but both more than I had paid. One was Gun Broker Paul out of OKC. His price wasn't too bad and if I hadn't already had one, I would have tried to deal with him. I have forgotten the other dealers name, but his price on the same gun was, as I recall, $49 higher. My guess is that most store front dealers would have beaten either price. You just have to go talk to them.

Ammo's even worse.

M

Matt Basterson

I'm like what most folks on this site probably are, i have more than enough guns, but i'm always on the lookout for a bargain on somethin' i like. i'm patient and i look for a 'steal', not a 'deal.' i bide my time and keep my feelers out, and several times a year i run across a stone bargain on somethin' i like. usually it's from someone who wants money to buy another toy of some sort and they'll take a beatin' for some quick cash. i'm still waitin' for some more sig p-6's for $250.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its the people with Obama money to spend... It will drop again in march when they are broke and then you can pick up a few good deals.

dt405gt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I look into investing gold, but investing in guns seem to be the safest investment you can make right now. With our economy, you will never lose money (if you get deals).

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I look into investing gold, but investing in guns seem to be the safest investment you can make right now. With our economy, you will never lose money (if you get deals).

Yeah, gold is about the biggest scam out there. Buy for retail, and you're lucky if you can sell for 50% of retail.

Guns are where it's at. When the world ends, no one is going to care about bling.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guns are worth how ever much they bring. I think alot of prices have gone up. Like some of the others said, I have what I need. If I see a good deal, I might buy it. I think everyone is looking for that super cheap, smoking deal. On the other hand, I never see the guys who complain about prices posting up their stuff for super cheap, smoking deals. Its just like the AR thread. I am still waiting on some of those people to post them cheap ARs. I don't need one, but I can always use a cheap beater. Of coarse you do have people who get crazy stupid, and ask double what they are worth. I won't say any names, but it could sound like behaz.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Investing" in guns rarely makes anybody much money. Buying and selling for a profit might be worth while if you want to invest the time and grunt. But then, why not just call yourself a dealer and be done with it.

The real "investment" aspect of most guns is the ability to buy one at a fair price, use it, and then being able to get rid of it in the future for an adjusted price that doesn't make you a loser.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been buying, selling, swapping guns for some time and it floors me what some stuff is advertising and selling for. Some items may not come down in price unless something drastic happens.
I like revolvers and the current trend I see is that quality ones seem to be fetching unheard of prices. I've bought some S&W's lately that had me saying WTF did I do when it came to the price... but I still like em.

Latest posts

Top Bottom