Walmart - we are doomed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care to go to Walmart even on a good day because I aways need something at the very back of the store in automotive and it's a long walk of death.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go to Neighborhood Markets a couple of times a week, and probably hit a Super Center once a month. I suspect a good number of you “non-goers” are slinking around in there.

There is nothing there that is going to hurt you.

We go quite regularly. I guess we just don't have a problem like some around here...

...of course, there are some here that used to complain about how often they had to change the blades in their razor, while I can go about 2 months on each "refill."

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand some of the anti-Walmart sentiments. We don't have Safeways/WINCOS/Kroger/Trader Joe's/Fred Meyers/Albertsons/yadeda here in Lawton. So we are kinda stuck. Walmart lots of times are even cheaper than the commissary.

GADadinOK

Marksman
Reaction score
I understand some of the anti-Walmart sentiments. We don't have Safeways/WINCOS/Kroger/Trader Joe's/Fred Meyers/Albertsons/yadeda here in Lawton. So we are kinda stuck. Walmart lots of times are even cheaper than the commissary.
I moved from Georgia...we had at least one Kroger or Publix (or sometimes both) in every town. I've noticed walmart is the predominant grocery store in much of Oklahoma.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Time was (back in the '80's the last go-round), things were a LOT more peaceful up there. But then, we were further out and Guymon was an occasional trip, usually for parts for some farm implement.

I get a kick out of telling folks that a good part of the Panhandle is treeless. Here's a shot of the great metropolis of Slapout.

And then, further west than even Guymon, which is west of Slapout.

But then, that last photo makes me a liar. There is something of a tree in the bar ditch.

As for Walmart, the wife and I shop there quite a bit, especially so when we are out on the road doing our Summer work gig. Walmart is also a pretty good place for bathroom stops while working. It's one place that we don't feel guilty for entering, using the rest room, and then leaving without buying something.
Whatcha talkin' about . . . no trees? There's a whole row of 'em along the left (as you look at it) side of the road. They've just been ah, . . . modified a bit 🤨

Latest posts

Top Bottom