Walmrt tire rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spied a set of 265/75/16 tires at Guthrie the other day... not a great sale price... but ok.

I have had 265's on my 4x 1500 Chevy foreverver...the door tag calls for 245's... I prefer the larger tires- weight bearing, better ride and they work a little better off road.

Walmart tech refused to sell them to me....says they won't take liabiliy for installing a non spec tire.

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jefpainthorse said:
Spied a set of 265/75/16 tires at Guthrie the other day... not a great sale price... but ok.

I have had 265's on my 4x 1500 Chevy foreverver...the door tag calls for 245's... I prefer the larger tires- weight bearing, better ride and they work a little better off road.

Walmart tech refused to sell them to me....says they won't take liabiliy for installing a non spec tire.

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!

Can you not buy them and take them to a real tire shop for mount and balance?

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who buys tires at Walmart?? I wouldn't trust those guy to inflate my tires let alone let them do mechanical stuff. Why get mad, be glad and go to Discount Tire direct where they know what they're doing.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a way around that policy. They have a little piece of paper that they fill out and you sign. Then they place a new sticker on door. Easy and done. And if the tires on the truck are the same size as you are buying it makes it a little easier. One of Walmart's ways of liability control.corporate worries about lawsuits too much. Sounds like who you talked to was an idiot. They can sell the tires and usually install them but cannot warranty them supposedly. Another thing that is supposed to be not allowed is working on aftermarket wheels.

Latest posts

Top Bottom