Watonga/Roman Nose lake conditions???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone been out to Roman Nose that can tell me what the lake looks like? I was thinking about taking my kids up there this weekend to do a little fishing but don't want to waste our time if the lake is way down or anything like that.

Thanks,
SDS

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plinker, that's more than I had before. Thanks. As long as the water isn't too low and the weather holds out I think we'll make a run up there.

Thanks,
SDS

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glockwork, your right about the water level. I have never really seen it fluctuate much but wanted to see if anyone had any firsthand info. When I got there on Friday I talked to the park ranger and he said that the lake is fed by natural springs so the water never really changes more than a few inches. He also said that Friday morning the fishing was "okay" but that it had tapered off through the day. That was confirmed by a few other people I talked to while I was there.

I didn't get to do as much fishing as I had wanted. My 5 year old daughter was more interested in swinging at the playground than fishing. I can fish any time. I won't be able to push her on the swing any time I want though. We played on the swingset.

I did catch a couple of small crappie on a white rooster tail and got several light strikes but that was about it. I'd sure like to get back up there in a week or two after the water has had a chance to warm up a little bit.

SDS

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i hear ya there... my first child(daughter) will be 4 months in a week.... i didnt do as well trout fishing as previous years this year. anyways my largemouth called and said there ready to eat so im sure i will be hitting some holes soon... the sandies are awesome right now though. been enough to keep me satisfied untill i got the call:)!!

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would love to get out and catch some sand bass but without a decent open water boat it's a little more difficult. Still trying to find time to catch just about anything right now though......I have the itch pretty bad.

SDS

Latest posts

Top Bottom