What are some good prebuilt AR15s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was justbin the market for an AR variant. Almost bought a Noveske but for hundreds less I got a Knights SR-15e3. It was just hard to spend much more on a noveske when they don't even make their own parts. Hell..even their barrels (which is supposedly the reason for buying one) is made by PACNOR

Last edited:

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just in the market for an AR variant. Almost bought a Noveske but for hundreds less I got a Knights SR-15e3. It was just hard to spend much more on a noveske when change so much and don't even make their own parts just like the rest of them.

Good choice! Did you get a mod 1? I have been extremely happy with my knights.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot of folks who think they are experts just because they've touched, owned, or their brother owns an AR-15. Lots of folks give lip service to "buying the best" right before they go into walmart and walk out with a Windham.

Most people shoot a few rounds a year during a full retard-session at a public range, throw it back in the closet and only pull it out for hero shots or brag sessions after a few beers.

In the end, buy what you can afford. Shoot the piss out of it. Take some classes with it, and shoot the piss out of it some more. Then you'll figure out what you need or want. Most confuse the two terms.
I agree. I have heard so many people bash dpms and others when they have never even fired one. I own a dpms now and it it very nice. Shoots fine. I need to sight it in but that will come. I used to own a colt. I loved it but needed money so I sold it. I wish i still had it but oh well. I am a realist. I know that I am not going to be shooting thousands upon thousands of rounds a year so I don't need a DD or some of the other top tier rifles. And really, most others don't either. I think a lot just buy into the name. I even heard a guy one time say that the reason someone would say something like I just said is because I own a dpms and not a colt or a DD. That is not the reason. I bought what my budget allowed me to this time. I can always get a more expensive one. But really, what's the point? Mine works great. No need to spend over a grand on a rifle. And most of the top tier companies have higher prices because they know people will pay it. There is no reason their prices should be that high. Your exactly right, get what you can afford and get great at using it. You can always swap parts out for better ones on the future. Thas the best thing about an AR.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. I have heard so many people bash dpms and others when they have never even fired one. I own a dpms now and it it very nice. Shoots fine. I need to sight it in but that will come. I used to own a colt. I loved it but needed money so I sold it. I wish i still had it but oh well. I am a realist. I know that I am not going to be shooting thousands upon thousands of rounds a year so I don't need a DD or some of the other top tier rifles. And really, most others don't either. I think a lot just buy into the name. I even heard a guy one time say that the reason someone would say something like I just said is because I own a dpms and not a colt or a DD. That is not the reason. I bought what my budget allowed me to this time. I can always get a more expensive one. But really, what's the point? Mine works great. No need to spend over a grand on a rifle. And most of the top tier companies have higher prices because they know people will pay it. There is no reason their prices should be that high. Your exactly right, get what you can afford and get great at using it. You can always swap parts out for better ones on the future. Thas the best thing about an AR.

You complain about people that don't like cheap rifles, and then you turned around and complained about people who buy expensive rifles. You are doing the same thing they are. I shoot my AR almost every weekend, so was I wrong to spend the money on a quality rifle?

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was justbin the market for an AR variant. Almost bought a Noveske but for hundreds less I got a Knights SR-15e3. It was just hard to spend much more on a noveske when they don't even make their own parts. Hell..even their barrels (which is supposedly the reason for buying one) is made by PACNOR

Would love to have a Knights. But they are above my pay range.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You complain about people that don't like cheap rifles, and then you turned around and complained about people who buy expensive rifles. You are doing the same thing they are. I shoot my AR almost every weekend, so was I wrong to spend the money on a quality rifle?
you must have misunderstood what I meant. I am not talking bad about people that buy expensive ones. I was talking about he people that have never even shot some of the lower tier ones yet they are experts on them. They only buy some of the top tier because of the name even though the rifle will sit in a safe. There is nothing wrong with owning an expensive one. Especially when you use it all the time. I would be dumb to run someone down for buying an expensive one because I bought a colt. Hope this clears what I said up. And when I said most don't need a top tier one, that didn't mean everyone.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here you go OP.

1. Research what makes a good AR with respect to material, manufacturing, testing and track record. If you dont know what attributes make a good AR, you will spend money where you didnt need to for the sake of a roll mark, and you will over spend on parts that are crap, but looked friggin cool.

2. The barrel and bolt/BCG are the most important parts. If you are on a budget, dont scrimp on these two parts.

3. Find a manufaturer/builder who makes an AR that meets your needs and within your budget. I left manufaturer misspelled for the guys at FBT.

4. As you gain experience, make adjustments and additions as well as subtractions from the weapon.

5. Get quality instruction and shoot it. A lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom