What did you all get at the "Big Show"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
think this has me convinced to start my ffl 07/02 paper work as converting it into a semi pistol would just be ridiculous....

i have big plans for it, 3 lug barrel, unique sn on hte lower receiver. plan on using it as a tool to attract people to the machinegunshoots...

ai252.photobucket.com_albums_hh20_saltydecimator_IMG_20110402_213113.jpg

check out that sn boys!!!! is that not too cool! for all yall that dont get the reference, here is a pic of it in game
ai252.photobucket.com_albums_hh20_saltydecimator_IMG_20110402_213553.jpg

at3_gstatic_com_images_252f17d992e8c34ccde90b2b1698255a._.jpg

aunrealitymag.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_04_klobb.jpg

and i picked up a beretta m70 in 32 acp... love me that little round!

ai252.photobucket.com_albums_hh20_saltydecimator_IMG_20110402_223124.jpg

agb104983

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up some stuff at the military gun supply table and a few others. Really enjoyed that guy located right on the middle isle, upper level, on the west end. Had all the exotic 12 gauge ammo, flares, shellcrackers, full auto LPK, Tannerite, and other things. He was selling half pound tannerite containers for $3 and 1 pound for $6. By far the cheapest of the show and I was able to pick up a few things that would have been expensive due to shipping and hazmat(flares).

Did anyone see TK supply there? Usually they have a big location right on one of the ramps and also another big row of tables up on the main level. I've bought some guns from them over the years and was REALLY surprised to not see them there. Maybe I missed them but its usually hard to miss that big sign.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, you're saying there is no date on the top of the receiver cover, but the back of the receiver cover does have the serial # stamped on it? Is there a star on top of the receiver cover, or, if not, is there a star on the left side of the receiver?

If this is the case, you have what's referred to as a '55-56 Russian SKS. This is from the very tail end of the Russian production run, shortly before they shipped the factory (almost literally) the China in 1956.

thanks for the link to the forums. i looked it over and thats correct, the receiver cover has no date, the serial is on the rear of it with a "K A" stamped above it. the star is on the left side of the receiver. the top of the receiver cover has a square with a line through it form one corner to the other, i believe this means the gun was refinished before storage if it means the same as the mark does on my mosin stock.

these things are stamped with tons of different markings all over them, i was surprised when i got to looking at it, because the mosin only had a few markings on it.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I looked, but I didn't see tk, powder valley. Or the taticual girls booths. I did however see see a tattooed pierced up girl in a black one piece dress that didn't cover her bum cheeks. Sorry ahead of time if this was someones ol-lady.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks for the link to the forums. i looked it over and thats correct, the receiver cover has no date, the serial is on the rear of it with a "K A" stamped above it. the star is on the left side of the receiver. the top of the receiver cover has a square with a line through it form one corner to the other, i believe this means the gun was refinished before storage if it means the same as the mark does on my mosin stock.

these things are stamped with tons of different markings all over them, i was surprised when i got to looking at it, because the mosin only had a few markings on it.

Sounds like you have what is referred to as a "No Date, No Star" '55-56 Russian SKS. Yes, it has been refurbished and they are usually in very good condition. The little star on the left side of the receiver is a Tula factory mark. You did OK.

Latest posts

Top Bottom