What do you think constitutes "disability"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Dog Patriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't display yourself for these Philestines. They have no mercy or compassion. The Bible is clear about there fate.

Jesus told us to be kind to the weak and sick and to help our fellow man. Now these people make a game of insulting the disabled.

I can't be a part of this forum. A doctor that trashes the disabled? And you people say I am crazy?

I hope you people see the light. I hope you people are able to survive the cumming onslaught. But most of you here exist only to ridicule and be cruel. I can't be a part of that.

And take all youre comments and shove them!

I'm gone for ood!!!!!!!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't display yourself for these Philestines. They have no mercy or compassion. The Bible is clear about there fate.

Jesus told us to be kind to the weak and sick and to help our fellow man. Now these people make a game of insulting the disabled.

I can't be a part of this forum. A doctor that trashes the disabled? And you people say I am crazy?

I hope you people see the light. I hope you people are able to survive the cumming onslaught. But most of you here exist only to ridicule and be cruel. I can't be a part of that.

And take all youre comments and shove them!

I'm gone for ood!!!!!!!

And JB Books is a mean son of a *****!!!! He let's this crap go on and does nothing.

I'll see some of you at Wanamake.

OK, see ... so now I don't really care if you are a troll or a real person who's just a little bit whankered. One more outburst like this and you won't be the one deciding whether you are gone for good or not ... And I'm not nearly as easy going as JB ... If I ban you, that's it ... Thank you for playing, sir, and have a nice day. :)

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My opinion, three categories of disability that facilitate external funding.

Class 1
People born with medically defined disabilities or mental retardation; to a degree that they are incapable of taking care of themselves and will have to be cared for by another individual for the rest of the first individuals life. I.E. Cannot feed self, or clean up after ones bodily functions, cannot walk or be trusted to be left unmonitored.

Class 2
People who are able to care and look after themselves currently, but are not capable of performing or holding any form of employment, these individuals are mentally stable and perhaps with some special tools or equipment are capable of caring for their daily needs. While not capable of working traditional jobs, there is a potential for them to be able to find some form of work that does not bare physical requirements that the individual cannot do. I.E. With education these individuals these individuals could hold specialized roles that focus on relaying information, providing verbal advice or coaching, mediation. These jobs would focus on the individual's knowledge and education, and through speech, they preform a necessary and appreciated job. An example would be and individual who could learn a foreign language, with support in practically obtaining academic certification in that language or languages: then could find suitable work in some form as a one on one verbal instructor for other people who are wanting to learn to speak that language or dialect; or as a translator.

Class 3
Individuals have more physical options for obtaining work, but are having difficulty finding suitable employment for their minor limitations. Example might include an individual with some physical limitations that remove entry level grunt work from the list of possibilities. They probably cannot go to a day laborer facility and spend a day digging a hole or providing grunt labor, but with assistance of an advisor they could find employment that is not burdened by their limitations.

Governments role in assisting these classes:

Class 1
The only class requiring full compensation and financial aid for the term of their life.
And they would have a legal guardian or caretaker or be placed in a facility that is compensated for their time caring for the individual. The compensation would be sufficient to care for the needs of the individual and the caretaker for the individual's life; with regulation that upon random and mandatory inspection, the guardian is not providing sufficient care or is abusing or neglecting the individual, they would be immediately removed from this guardians care and taken into protective services and re-assigned to a new guardian.

Class 2
Would receive counseling by an advisor and a desired form of work chosen by the individual based upon the individual's capabilities. They would receive funding and aid aid to receive the necessary education requirements for the job, and it would be that individual's responsibility to learn the material. Once the education is obtained, the individual receives career placement assistance. The end goal is that the individual finds employment that works around their physical restrictions by raising the individual up through education to a specialized career field. Once employment is found the individual stops receiving government aid.

Class 3
Receives advisor counseling to find suitable employment that works around their less than class 2 physical limitations. No additional funding, but may receive minor loans for necessary materials for selected employment.

Unemployment funding to the individual would be no longer in existence. If the individual does not meet one of the thee classes of disability, they can find a job if they want to work. It may be under their desired income level, and the work may not be something they like, but that is life, we all have to do things we do not want to, and we all hit lows and highs in life. Find a job, put in the hours as save up, develop the skills, get the education and move up in life by working for it, I stay at he bottom because you are lazy; your choice, your not disabled, your problems are yours and nobody else's.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont personally know anyone on disability (or welfare) or even who has even tried to get on disability so I dont really have a horse in the race here so to speak but IMO if youve worked hard all your adult life and paid into the system and then something happens to you and you cant work then you deserve help. I just dont understand how with all of the redtape and all that it takes to go thru to even get on disability that people who shouldnt be on it are. I know there are scammers out there who know the system and how to plug into it to get what they want out of it but it just seems like magic when someone who doesnt deserve it gets it. Im thankfully lucky enough to be financially secure so I dont have many worries about taking care of myself or my family, plus Im also indian so I have IHS and programs thru my tribe to fall back on if I didnt have health/disability insurance and money in the bank. Still, I have compassion and empathy for people in trouble and I wouldnt mind paying a little extra if I had to to take care of people who need it- but people who scam the system and keep someone who desperately needs it from help should be shot.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've had people who tell us "they just don't want to work." My SSD lawyers fire them as clients immediately. I'm proud they do that.

I'm definitely in favor of reforming the system. However, based on having actual experience of having a large disability division in my law firms, I know the vast majority of these folks would rather not be disabled. Maybe I've been lucky in who has hired us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom