What do you think constitutes "disability"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You people are pretty sad to make fun of the disabled. Bet you don't turn down legal or medical fees from them.

Youre day is coming.

Nobody is making fun of anybody, MDP. I'll thank you to not stir the pot in this thread, please. It's meant for open discussion, not name-calling and not arguing.

If you can't contribute constructively to the discussion, please do not participate. There are tons of threads out there you can troll in. I spent several hours constructing this thread and the scenarios attached to spur real conversation and sharing of ideas. If you intentionally derail it, you've essentially spit on the time I put into it in good faith and and the time the others have spent reading it and posting here.

Find another thread, please? Thank you.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good read. IMO, the only one with any justification to be "helped out" is the small engine mechanic. Yeah, he seems on the lazy side but if he is truly mentally deficient then he should met some help of some kind.

The other three have made poor life decisions and deserve absolutely no govt assistance. They are a drag on the economy and I personally have no sympathy for such people.

I understand the emotions and feelings behind your sentiments. And to a large part often agree or even surpass them, perhaps, depending upon how much of it I've had to put up with it in one day.

However... here is one of my points - I understand that the ones who are intentionally gaming the system are going to piss everybody off, and you're not going to find anyone willing to defend those who are really milking things with the express intention of defrauding the government and the American taxpayer.

But - some people, regardless of how they ended up there, do have real medical problems. For instance, scenario 4, the self-abuse has led to severe and persistent real, measurable, quantifiable and repeatable results. So the problems DO exist... it's not simply a complaint of "pain" or "anxiety", as so many have in the system. So... the question is, does it matter how you got there, or does it simply matter if the problem exists? If you have horrible CHF and COPD, and absolutely CANNOT function in society, do you or should you qualify, regardless of how it happened? I mean.... does abusing your body with drugs and alcohol as a younger person disqualify one from later help? And if so, does the same apply to McDonald's cheeseburgers and Marlboro Lights?

Do we, as a society, get to pay for your bad decisions, even though you KNEW beyond a SHADOW of a doubt that those decisions would eventually catch up to you, you just did not care?

Or is it simply a matter of taking care of people who are sick, regardless of how it happened?

I'm asking real questions... not pointing fingers, not placing blame... everyone knows we are all to blame for our own health issues in at least some small ways in the choices we make every day. But we have to stop and think... those choices don't just affect US as individuals. They affect our collective group as a whole (American taxpayers).

Not saying there is an easy solution, as of course there is not. Obviously what we do need to do is instill a work ethic, a realistic outlook and acceptance, and a sense of self-pride in our general population. And at the same time, we need to find some way to evaluate those who CAN hold a job (maybe of a different type than the one they are used to) and direct them down that path - in a tough-love manner, if need be. Sorry you can't do this any more, maybe we can help you find a way to retrain to do something else that will be both fulfilling and contributory to society as a whole. Amiright?

How do we do this, folks? Everyone's bitching about Obamacare... but I guarantee you we can trim enough off of disability to pay for that and more, if we could find a way to achieve those goals.

Just my $0.02.

Mad Dog Patriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just because I don't have fancy degrees like the doctors and lawyers here, don't mean I am stupid. I'm not trying to derail youre thread!

You complain a lot about youre patience. Really, you do. Maybe you have just had bad luck with the people you see, but I never seen you write nothing good about them. You always consider them bad lazy people.

I know there are lazy people who want to abuse the disability. I know there are the people who abuse them pain pills and waster everybody's time by going to the ER and doctors just to get more pain medicines. Those are bad people and they should have t o pay for there sins. But not everybody is a deadbeat pill head.

Lots and lots of people just need some help. Youre examples were tilted ot make those people in youre examples look bad. There are plenty of other people who need it and really need it to use so they can live!

I just think you and mr. Books get the benefit by being able to charge those people money.

I really admire you even when you seem calus and kind of mean. That's why I am youre protector here and get mad when people attacked you in that one past thread. But you have to be NICE sometimes. Most people on the disability are just poor people who need help. The Lord God Almighty will punish those people screwing the system in HIS own way.

Please forgive me if I made you mad with this post. Your one of my only friends here.

Nobody is making fun of anybody, MDP. I'll thank you to not stir the pot in this thread, please. It's meant for open discussion, not name-calling and not arguing.

If you can't contribute constructively to the discussion, please do not participate. There are tons of threads out there you can troll in. I spent several hours constructing this thread and the scenarios attached to spur real conversation and sharing of ideas. If you intentionally derail it, you've essentially spit on the time I put into it in good faith and and the time the others have spent reading it and posting here.

Find another thread, please? Thank you.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You people are pretty sad to make fun of the disabled. Bet you don't turn down legal or medical fees from them.

Youre day is coming.

MDP, if you would post more like you did in Post #65, instead of like you did in the above Post #62, you'd get a lot more good responses from the other posters here.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score

Youre day is coming.

Uh, it's our job and we get paid to help these folks?

Nobody is making fun of anyone. I don't agree with all the examples TrDoc gave, but I do know what he is talking about. And pain pill abuse is a major problem in this state. Of course, he is going to see it. He is on the front lines in an ER.

Latest posts

Top Bottom