What rubber are you running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Quail Hunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the market for new tires for my pickup and thought I would ask here to see what you all have and/or like. I am looking for an all terrain tire in the 285/75/R16 size, I've had the BF Goodrich All Terrains with moderate luck on wear, and currently have Michelins on now but they don't seem to have the desired traction when it has rained and I am trying to get in and out of the hunting lease. So what say you OSA, what do you like.

The vehicle they are going on is '06 Chevy 2500 HD, 4WD Crew Cab.

AmericanPatriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got cooper at3's had great luckwith them wear wise and traction. My truck is s 00 silverado z71 that spends just as much time off road as on road. Also if you thinking about bf all terrains look at general grabber. They look just like the bf's and got better reviews, and I know a friend that wont run anything but them on his truck.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had very good luck with Firestone Destination ATs; I'm on my third set between two Explorers (the second set was almost brand-new when I wrecked the truck). I also had a set of Destination LEs on my Ranger that I quite liked, but they have less traction than the ATs.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If you do a search and get suggestions, make sure they're from a similar truck to yours, as far as wieght. There was a pretty lengthy thread here a month or so ago.

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 285/75/r16 Buckshot Mudders on my F250 Diesel and they are fairly quiet and get great traction. Will probably buy another set ones these wear out.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple things. If you want something for the lease when it is raining, this equals mud and an AT is not the best choice. You may want to look at a MT. Next, the BFGs are about the best AT around. You said you were only moderately impressed with them. They should ware to 50k + miles but gotta keep proper pressure, rotate them and keep front end aligned. I asked my tire guy just last week while getting a flat fixed about the Goodyear wrangler ATs he had on the show room and he said they were great tires.

Latest posts

Top Bottom