What's Wrong With This Fox "News" Picher?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jeezus, folks. Simple math says that the graphic shows that the enrollment is about 85% of the target, but the visual implies about a 25% enrollment. Fox is lying, as is typical for those right wing tools.,,Geez!

Dude, a graphic artist made that up. You are reading wayyyy too much into the art. If anybody is out right lying you can count on it being those in the White House. Jeeze...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of people have signed up. The real issue is how many have paid for their premiums?

If the white house figures reflected those that had paid, they would have fireworks going off over the capitol buildings.

Since there are crickets making little noise, they are hiding the actual numbers, AKA cooking the books as they do everything else.

And according to the LA Times today, it may be weeks before we know how many got in by the end of today. What a crock of ****, O'JugEars will have that on his desk in the morning.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the same Fox that had electoral vote calculator experts telling America that Romney would win a landslide electoral vote.
Dick Morris, Karl Rove, Charles Krauthammer, Ed Rollins, Colorado University Prediction Model, ........ on and on

They must not have anyone on staff over there who ever took Statistics 101 in college.

Fox "News": We calculate, You scratch your heads.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Morning Joe "From the well trusted MSNBC" said that that many of these people are those who lost the healthcare that they had and had to sign up and that these people were still counted as "new".

I thought they could all keep the plan they had?

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude, a graphic artist made that up. You are reading wayyyy too much into the art. If anybody is out right lying you can count on it being those in the White House. Jeeze...

There's a famous book that includes what you see in the graphic: https://archive.org/details/HowToLieWithStatistics

As someone else noted, what you see is the top of the chart. Cutting off the bottom sends the message that performance is much worse than it actually is. I have noticed that if distortion supports someone's agenda, it's a lot easier to excuse than if it supports someone else's agenda.

I don't think I'm reading too much into this. I think it is a deliberate effort to distort perceptions.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a famous book that includes what you see in the graphic: https://archive.org/details/HowToLieWithStatistics

As someone else noted, what you see is the top of the chart. Cutting off the bottom sends the message that performance is much worse than it actually is. I have noticed that if distortion supports someone's agenda, it's a lot easier to excuse than if it supports someone else's agenda.

I don't think I'm reading too much into this. I think it is a deliberate effort to distort perceptions.

So what you're saying is that it's wrong to take someone else's propaganda and repurpose it to discredit said propaganda? :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom