What's Wrong With This Fox "News" Picher?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, so what, 6,000,000 people signed up for health care at drastically reduced rates because they could not afford health care before. What happens if no one signs up to pay full price? Will Obamacare go under the water?

Obama taxpayers will never go underwater. In Obamaworld, taxpayers are an infinite renewable resource.
:(

bahammer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will never know the "net" number of new enrolled, nor will we ever know the number of people who actually paid the premium. Pew was saying about 80% of the enrolled were getting tax credit (for better or worse) so the money has to come from somewhere. It is all about power and controlling one more aspect of our lives. FDR did the same thing with income tax, people won't complain if they never see the money in their hand. Maybe we need to do this (one payer system), but is really about power. It really makes you wonder about the administrations competence if they really don't know the "net" numbers". If you go around trumpeting every gain but don't see "net" question coming, that is a little unnerving.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Obama taxpayers will never go underwater. In Obamaworld, taxpayers are an infinite renewable resource.
:(

Very correct. New Democrats (Obama types) are born everyday, thusly renewable. Where as the GOP is growing old, disillusioned, fragmenting, self imploding and dying off.

Won't be long and 7.1 million will be 14.2 million....that's a huge voting block i doubt can be overcome by Fox news.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll all be pleased to know that Fox corrected their graph on-air this morning. Or, maybe you won't. In fact, I'd be willing to guess most of you have forgotten what the OP was even about.
Who hears the correction? Don't get me wrong, I think the worthlessness of Fox News or any TV news is due as much to laziness as anything else. Still, what if you were a conspiracy theorist?

There was a post over a year ago on another web site by a guy that I have a lot of respect for. Fox and Friends had reported that Obama had apologized to the Japanese over Heroshima and Nagasaki.

It wasn't true, but It reverberated all across the internet for a day before it was corrected. OH, BUT THEY DID CORRECT IT!
We got the obligatory "Fox and Friends regrets the error."

Twenty second correction to a seven minute story that was repeated god knows how many times. It doesn't matter whether this sort of thing is deliberate or accidental. The stupidity of it takes it's toll.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Twenty second correction to a seven minute story that was repeated god knows how many times. It doesn't matter whether this sort of thing is deliberate or accidental. The stupidity of it takes it's toll.
That's par for the course for the organizations that actually take the time and responsibility to correct their errors (and there are a lot of big-name organizations that don't even bother). Hell, most newspapers run a big story on page one, then run the correction in small type on page Z37 three weeks later. I'd say that it's just the current sorry state of journalism, but the old-time journalists always reply that the age of responsible, neutral journalism never actually existed.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The apology by 60 Minutes and CBS News lasted for weeks or months. Also, it helps to remember that Rather lost his job.It was a very big deal.

This long.

A statement from Dan Rather of CBS News:

Last week, amid increasing questions about the authenticity of documents used in support of a 60 MINUTES WEDNESDAY story about President Bush's time in the Texas Air National Guard, CBS News vowed to re-examine the documents in question -- and their source -- vigorously. And we promised that we would let the American public know what this examination turned up, whatever the outcome.

Now, after extensive additional interviews, I no longer have the confidence in these documents that would allow us to continue vouching for them journalistically. I find we have been misled on the key question of how our source for the documents came into possession of these papers. That, combined with some of the questions that have been raised in public and in the press, leads me to a point where -- if I knew then what I know now -- I would not have gone ahead with the story as it was aired, and I certainly would not have used the documents in question.

But we did use the documents. We made a mistake in judgment, and for that I am sorry. It was an error that was made, however, in good faith and in the spirit of trying to carry on a CBS News tradition of investigative reporting without fear or favoritism.

Please know that nothing is more important to us than people's trust in our ability and our commitment to report fairly and truthfully."

Latest posts

Top Bottom