Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
52 days from the date we submitted to sheriff's office, my wife's CCL is in today.

We both turned them on the same day, same time. Mine is not in.

Funny thing - she had some "stuff" on her record that they had to check. I've only had traffic tickets - nothing else. Maybe that's it - maybe they dug deeper investigating me because I didn't have anything? Maybe the extremely common name I have as well? Lot's of bad guys out there with the same name...

landontc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
landontc, our OSBI charge went through a week following the submission of our applications on the 28th of December. I'd call and see if there's a problem.

Called earlier today and this was the story:

OSBI says they have no record, haven't received it from OCSO.

OCSO says they normally send stuff within a couple of days. They ask me what city I live in, I tell them Choctaw. They say that this is probably the problem, as Choctaw is notorious for dragging their feet on the city level background checks and they have 14 days to complete it. They said to try to be patient and call back if it hasn't hit my CC by next Wednesday.

Has anyone else had any experience with Choctaw taking an extended period of time? I don't really know what else to do as neither OSBI or OCSO have the application.

owassopilot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Submitted application on November 15th, Received letter dated December 30th on January 8th, postmarked the 6th. TCSO still hasn't received the license...said it must have gotten lost in the mail. Can't reach OSBI because all they offer you is a recording. Gotta love the bureaucracy. If this were a private company, they would be out of business.

And to think they are "better" than they used to be.

landontc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Submitted application on November 15th, Received letter dated December 30th on January 8th, postmarked the 6th. TCSO still hasn't received the license...said it must have gotten lost in the mail. Can't reach OSBI because all they offer you is a recording. Gotta love the bureaucracy. If this were a private company, they would be out of business.

And to think they are "better" than they used to be.

Try calling 405.848.6724. I was given this number by OCSO and if I remember correctly, a person answers.

Hope this helps.

owassopilot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? I've called twice in the last two weeks and when asking to be transferred to someone in the SDA department, they transfer me directly to another person.

I guess I have bad luck....but they do respond to email. Apparently, a package that contained licenses was damaged in shipping and returned to OSBI. Should be next week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom