Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no idea, one of my friends offered to pay for mine.

Wow, you have nice friends. I would ask them about the date - then you can really know the approximate date to expect your license...

Not to discourage you, but my wife and I applied on the same date in late October. Our credit card was charged for both licenses on the same day (about 6 weeks after applying at the Sheriff's office). Unfortunately, her fingerprints are worn from years of typing 8 hours a day - so her prints were rejected twice and she finally had them done at the OSBI HQ on January 23. I got my license on February 2, and she is still waiting. There are no guarantees.

LL

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, when I emailed them 5 weeks ago, they told me to wait 5 weeks and ask again if I havent received it by then/now... Just sent out another email, we'll see if there is any good news...

I actually really need the damn thing, I mentioned having to pull my weapon on a methhead in an earlier post, well, he decided to come back the next day. The cops arrived 30 min later, of course, after I'd already ran the guy off again. He isn't going to get chance #3, thats for sure.

minihawk1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, you have nice friends. I would ask them about the date - then you can really know the approximate date to expect your license...

Not to discourage you, but my wife and I applied on the same date in late October. Our credit card was charged for both licenses on the same day (about 6 weeks after applying at the Sheriff's office). Unfortunately, her fingerprints are worn from years of typing 8 hours a day - so her prints were rejected twice and she finally had them done at the OSBI HQ on January 23. I got my license on February 2, and she is still waiting. There are no guarantees.

LL

I already did ask and couldn't remember when they charged the card. But thanks for the info, I think I'll just send out a email to them.

BigTuna

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Emailed OSBI today. They actually responded within an hour, which really surprised me. Said that normal processing time is running just over 60 days right now. Hopefully within the next week or two....

Turned into SO: 12/17/12
OSBI Recieved: 12/27/12

minihawk1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, when I emailed them 5 weeks ago, they told me to wait 5 weeks and ask again if I havent received it by then/now... Just sent out another email, we'll see if there is any good news...

I actually really need the damn thing, I mentioned having to pull my weapon on a methhead in an earlier post, well, he decided to come back the next day. The cops arrived 30 min later, of course, after I'd already ran the guy off again. He isn't going to get chance #3, thats for sure.
Ok found out the the osbi charged me on January 3.

Latest posts

Top Bottom