Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took the class towards the end of last month. Went in for photos and fingerprints earlier today. Was in and out of the TSO within 15 minutes and it only cost me $15 (photos and prints).

dentarthurdent

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put mine in on 22 Jan. The lady at Logan County Sheriff was very helpful and nice, but said that some of the agencies she had to get paperwork from *before* it could go to OSBI were taking weeks to respond.

marshal

New to the site!
Reaction score
My wife and I put ours in at the end of Jan. TCSO said that they would take 5 - 10 days for their stuff and then it could be 90 + on the OSBI end. They said that they were doing 50 apps a week since Obama went in. I won't hold my breath.

bryanherron

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
While in the Tulsa county Sheriff's office yesterday I was told that they are processing 30-40 applications per day in Tulsa County and that the OSBI is so back logged that to expect the process to take 120 days.

OKC_45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been lurking around Okshooters for awhile now but this is my first post... Anyway, I'm curious if you guys who've recently received your permits got the OSBI letter first or what? I'm at 78 days from the date I got fingerprinted right now and have called my county sheriff's office half a dozen times or so to see if it's in. Sometimes I'll get a nice, helpful lady who will check for me; but usually I get somebody who says they won't even check to see if it's in since I don't have my OSBI letter yet. They've told me to call OSBI, but I've heard OSBI won't even help you unless it's been at least 90 days (and on their website it says a minimum of 115 days before you can contact them about it). I'm curious as to others' experiences...

sdalover

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been lurking around Okshooters for awhile now but this is my first post... Anyway, I'm curious if you guys who've recently received your permits got the OSBI letter first or what? I'm at 78 days from the date I got fingerprinted right now and have called my county sheriff's office half a dozen times or so to see if it's in. Sometimes I'll get a nice, helpful lady who will check for me; but usually I get somebody who says they won't even check to see if it's in since I don't have my OSBI letter yet. They've told me to call OSBI, but I've heard OSBI won't even help you unless it's been at least 90 days (and on their website it says a minimum of 115 days before you can contact them about it). I'm curious as to others' experiences...

+1....i was wondering the same thing. I saw "anaconda 40's" post about picking his up after 77 days. I am also in Tulsa and decided to go down to the sheriff's dept after dropping off 77 days ago in Tulsa as well. I told the lady that I knew of someone who recently recvd. theirs and i thought i would stop by and check. She went to the back desk and looked through a little box with cards in it but mine wasn't in it. She then told me come back when i get my letter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom