Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff3C

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've talked to several people who said that the card comes in a week or 10 days before the letter arrived. You hate to bug the people at the sheriffs office though. You might ask if they could make a note to call you when it comes in.

Bad shot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1....i was wondering the same thing. I saw "anaconda 40's" post about picking his up after 77 days. I am also in Tulsa and decided to go down to the sheriff's dept after dropping off 77 days ago in Tulsa as well. I told the lady that I knew of someone who recently recvd. theirs and i thought i would stop by and check. She went to the back desk and looked through a little box with cards in it but mine wasn't in it. She then told me come back when i get my letter.

I KEPT BUGGING MY LOCAL SHERIFF'S OFFICE WHERE I TURNED IN MY PAPER WORK, I GOT MY PERMIT IN LESS THAN 60 DAYS.
KEEP CALLING, YOU PAID FOR IT, IT'S YOURS' IF THEY DIDN'T MESS UP WITH THE PRINTS, OR YOU FAILED TO GIVE THEM ALL THE RIGHT INFO. :contract:
JUST BE PATIENT, YOU'LL GET IT IF YOU JUMPED THROUGH ALL THE HOOPS.
$200.00 IS A BUNCH OF MONEY,THEY HANDED ME A LITTLE CARD WITH MY UGLY MUG ON IT, I GO BUY A PEE-3AT SHOOTER THAT
COST WAY TO MUCH MONEY, SHELLS ARE TO HIGH.
I SURE HOPE I NEVER HAVE TO SHOOT ANYTHING AT 50 CENTS A BULLET, THE BLASTED THING HURTS MY EARS-AND IT KICKS AND HURTS MY TRIGGER FINGER:violin:.
I SHOULDA STUCK WITH MY DAISEY BB GUN.
SHUCKS I MISSED AGAIN--BAD SHOT.

OKC_45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Called the sheriff's office again today and happened to get a nice lady (this time) who checked for me and it was in!! WooHoo!! 81 days, 2 hours, 16 min, and 46 seconds; and not a moment too soon! :) Still haven't got the OSBI letter but, who cares, right? Now time to do the Wally World Walk; gotta by the wife a Valentine's Day card so I've got the perfect excuse to go...

Bad shot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Called the sheriff's office again today and happened to get a nice lady (this time) who checked for me and it was in!! WooHoo!! 81 days, 2 hours, 16 min, and 46 seconds; and not a moment too soon! :) Still haven't got the OSBI letter but, who cares, right? Now time to do the Wally World Walk; gotta by the wife a Valentine's Day card so I've got the perfect excuse to go...

Guess we'd all be a bit surprised knowing just how many legal weapons are walking the isles of Wally world.

On the other hand..
How many illegal weapons are walking those same isles.

I moved to Oklahoma from a state where we walk the isles of Wally world with a weapon of choice on our hip or in our vehicle loaded in plain site.
I'm now packing a toy small enough to conceal that may or may not hit a target 50 feet away.
never have I seen so much violence as I've seen in Oklahoma, (TULSA)
could it be that the bad guys was out numbered by the good where I came from.?
Why is it people are getting their Oklahoma CCW in groves these days. ??
I'm the GOOD guy, I've proved that to the state of Oklahoma,
why shouldn't I have every right to carry a weapon of choice, (not a toy),
in plain site anywhere I choose in this state.?

Just my :twocents:

YakBasser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was fingerprinted on Tuesday, and I was told 4 Mths. S.O. gave me a number to call them and said I could check with them after 3mths, but that I would be "notified". Guess thats where the letter comes in? He verfied my ph# before I left.

Mustang05

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you call the SO or did you just wait for the letter?

No they called me, i work there as a dispatcher so she was nice enough to call me. When i turned it in she said they were taking around 65 days, and she wasn't lying, i think they must send them out quicker than a lot of other SO's or something like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom