Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Figured I had better update as well, hope you guys get yours soon!
OKC S.O. drop off 12/17
OSBI received on 1/9
Approved on 3/13
Received in mail 3/18
Total time: 91 days
May have already saved my life, thank God it came when it did. I was out a few days ago getting new tires on my truck, the only place that had them was the Walmart in Spencer. I was out standing by my truck waiting on the service clerk when a group of 3 older scruffy looking guys with no shirts and red sun burnt leather skin came around from behind the store looking like a group of homless mafia members. Two had brand new looking steel bats and a third had what appeared to be a pocket knife in his hand. I happened to be OC that day and had my jacket on over, once I noticed they had made a straight line for me "I was the only one there, they had already closed as I soon discovered" I pretended not to notice them getting closer and calmly placed my jacket in my truck, turning my carry side in their direction as I shut the door and continued pretending to check my tire. One of them stopped dead in his tracks and motioned to the other two that I had a gun using his fingers to make the "bang bang" action, they all three took a collective sharp u turn and crossed over into a neighborhood down the street. I'll never know what may or may not have happened and that's exactly how I want any bad situation to outcome. It was probably and hopefully a once in a lifetime situation where I would be approached by three people so obviously up to no good, but I'm sure glad I didn't even have to confront them. I did feel secure knowing I had 9 rounds of 235 gr .45 +P HST to act as my backup if I needed it though. Thank goodness I'll never have to remember what it's like to be without again.

SSgtL

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today is Day 54 since OSBI recieved my packet in the mail...if I don't have it by the 60 day mark, I'm emailing. Hopefully any day now.....I kept myself from thinking about it too much by going to the range and getting some holsters...but that only lasts so long, and now going to the range is even a pain cause I can't find ammo for S&%#. lol

jhardin2elp

New to the site!
Reaction score
Submitted package to SO on 21 Feb
OSBI started processing 25 Mar
OSBI sends letter needing another fingerprint card with recommendation to go to an office with digital capability; funny thing is that I did send them a card taken digitally.

Three others who submitted same time have had theirs placed on hold pending fingerprint cards, perhaps this is how they are trying to control their backlog...

Fortunately, have a TX chl.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just took the class this past weekend. I havent turned everything in yet. Just wondering about the picture part of the app. I was just going to take a pic with my own camera and print them out on the machine at walmart. Will that work? Im not sure if that will work because in the app it says personally printed photos will not be accepted. But I thought maybe that meant pictures from a personal printer...? What or where did you guys get the pics done?

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just took the class this past weekend. I havent turned everything in yet. Just wondering about the picture part of the app. I was just going to take a pic with my own camera and print them out on the machine at walmart. Will that work? Im not sure if that will work because in the app it says personally printed photos will not be accepted. But I thought maybe that meant pictures from a personal printer...? What or where did you guys get the pics done?

Gotta be "real" passport photos. Just swing by Fedex Kincos and they'll do 'em for you right quick.

okmods

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walgreens and CVS photo departments can do it for you too. Our CCW class took our pictures and printed them out on passport sized photo paper for $5. That saved a little money and a trip to the store.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

They have to be passport photos, that size and style. Usually, the sheriffs department will take the photos. At least they do here in Pittsburg County.

Latest posts

Top Bottom