Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tauntdesigns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi all, first post.
I filed my paperwork w/ sheriffs office in Quail Springs Mall on 11/10. Do I call that office or the central office to check if my license is ready, and once it is, where will I actually pick it up? Thanks in advance.
chris:explode:

If I read OSBI's site correctly..... Sheriffs office has 14 days to do their part and then OSBI has 90 days to do their part. After 104 days you can contact OSBI to see how your app is coming along.

If what I've been reading in this thread,...When OSBI has ok'ed your app they will send a letter and when the Sheriffs office gets your license they'll call for you to pick it up

Bad shot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lady at the sheriffs office told me it would take around 90 days to complete and send out my permit,
I've heard some say they got it in less time than that.
while I'm waiting I'll just have to carry my bean-flip.
My question is...
should I conceal my bean-flip..?
and if so,
what kind of holster should I conceal it in..?
Gotta laugh a little, shootin cost to much money..

jscg.nunley

Marksman
Reaction score
Here is some real BS! I turned my packet in to the sheriff in Lawton on 8 October 2008. I emailed the OSBI last week to check on the status and I was told that OSBI did not get my packet until 26 Nov 2008. and it would take 60 -90 days from the 26th of nov. (and they still have it) The kicker is by law (and this is coming from osbi, i have the email to prove it) by law the sheriff can only keep the packet for the local BC for 14 days. Well from 8 Oct 08 to 26 Nov 08 is 48 days. Whats the deal with that? So here i am waiting now for 3 months. and no one knows why my packet was there for 48 days, i have no warrants, charges or any BS like that. I have a military Secret Clearance for gods sake! Come on Oklahoma get with the program. To put things in to perspective...........Oklahoma rides the short bus! It does not make since that I can go buy a handgun in less than 5 minutes but it takes 6 months to get a permit... rediculous! If I was a criminal I would never had been able to buy the gun in the first place!!!!! Ok im done venting, I was just real pist when they told me it sat in lawton for 48 days. so please no rude replies!

:censored:

tauntdesigns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's just wrong for them to keep it that long.

When I went down to get my fingers printed, which I had to make an appointment to do(3 week wait). The officer told me it may take 2 or 3 weeks to get it off. I kinda' mentioned the 14 days it should take according to OSBI and the 3 week wait to get fingerprinted. I got the look and was told about how busy they were.......... :) aaaggghhh!

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I went down to get my fingers printed, which I had to make an appointment to do(3 week wait). The officer told me it may take 2 or 3 weeks to get it off. I kinda' mentioned the 14 days it should take according to OSBI and the 3 week wait to get fingerprinted. I got the look and was told about how busy they were.......... :) aaaggghhh!

Well at least you know yours is going 90+ days!

Bad shot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 months to the day Jan.14th 2009, aint heard nuttin yet,
I'll sure be glad when I get mine,
Maybe I can go outside, I'm tired of hiding under the bed.
Gotta get me an Elsie Pea, has anyone seen her.?
I saw her once, she sure is cute, she was all dressed up her
pretty lil laser.
keep us updated on your permit and how long it took to get it.

Bad shot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Called the sheriff's office today Friday 4:45 pm Jan. 16th 2008
my permit is there,
the lady said we are closing, walking out the door
and we will be closed Monday for the holiday, (Martin Luther King)
I said can't you wait for 15 min. til I get there?
(no way)
Oh well" mine is in, it took 60 days or less for it to get here.
I'll pick it up on Tuesday.
Just wanted y'all to know, I'm legal (I think).
Now if I could only afford a gun and a bullet,
I'm tired of carrying a packet full of rocks.
I'm still looking for (Elsie Pea), she's so cute,
have y'all seen her..?.:thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom