Worst thing you ever kicked / Follow up to the "worst thing ever stepped on"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A running grinder with a hard rock wheel on it. Not so much on purpose but it happened, ended up off work the rest of the week. As the Dr. said, i can only stitch what is still there, referring to the gash across my big toe.

Waltherfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After the end of legal shooting time one evening while deer hunting, I decided to walk back to my truck in the dark. It was a beautiful star filled night with no moon. That wasn't smart on many levels and eventually I stumbled over something. I didn't fall but my arms flailed and I moved in what could be considered an aggressive manner. I decided I'd be safer if I used my flashlight while continuing. As soon as the ground in front of me became illuminated I saw a skunk on full alert with its main battery aimed in my direction. I pledged peace love and understanding to the skunk. It decided I wasn't worth the trouble and let me go.
I don't walk across fields without light anymore...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The worst thing I ever kicked was the cabinet for a big tape drive (a bit over 6' tall and made of metal) when I was a teenager. Turned my big toe black and blue, and hurt like hell--and taught me not to kick hard things when wearing running shoes.

I've been poked by a fishhook, but somehow managed to avoid getting impaled. My dad was fishing with my uncle (his brother-in-law) before I was born, and they were setting jugs to catch catfish in my grandfather's pond; my dad said they were throwing the jugs, then my uncle suddenly ran out into the pond, following the jug attached to the hook stuck in his hand. He said he almost walked on water trying to catch that jug...

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I accidentally got the vacuum with my little toe. It hurt so bad I started getting cold chills like I was going into shock. I guess the worse thing I stepped on would be a hook. I tie my own flies for fly fishing and a small hook was stuck in the carpet.I have no clue how it got where it was but my bare foot found it. In and out in one step. Bigger hook might have been worse, it was a size 16, small hook.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were on vacation when I was just a kid and kept kicking the tent post with my little toe on one foot... the same foot... for a freaking WEEK! By the time our trip was over my little toe was about the size of my big toe.

This didn't happen to me but I saw a guy across the street one time come out of his house, slamming doors, yelling, hands waving... very upset. There was a bucket in the yard that was up side down. In his rage he runs up to the bucket and kicks it like he's trying for the goal from the 50 yard line. But, the bucket barely moved and he started screaming, fell to the ground and pulled his boot off. His white shock was covered in blood. Come to find out... the bucket was full of dry concrete... he was wearing steel toed boots... and when he kicked the bucket (literally), the toe nail on his big toe caught the edge of the metal in the toe of his boot and popped the nail clean off his toe. I cringe every time I think about that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom