1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

.45 Colt pet loads...

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by NINEROUND, Dec 28, 2016.

1. NINEROUND

NINEROUND Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Not that anyone particularly cares, but I repeated accuracy testing at 25 yards and ended up with more like shotgun patterns than groupings from the 7.4 grain load. Seriously, like 6-8" groups low and right. May have to can this one if I can't figure it out. I sent an email to Ruger to see if they have any idea what's up. I could see the grouping being not to point of aim, but I wouldn't think that 10 yards more would be that detrimental to accuracy.

2. Pulp

Pulp Sharpshooter

I looked at your groups again and an old memory sorta surfaced, but vaguely. Something about trigger finger position will make groups pull down and right like yours. I can't remember the details, but it might be worth researching. Your groups really aren't that bad for the sighting system on a Vaquero.

3. NINEROUND

NINEROUND Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I did shoot offhand and was able to hit an empty helium tank like you buy at Walmart and even a 6" disc at 25. I dunno, maybe it is just me. I shot my Glock and made 5 for 5 hits on the disc at the same distance. I'll have to do some more dry fire and then hit the range again. I was just curious if adding 10 yards and having the accuracy be afffected like that has happened to others.

4. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The grip on a semi auto is totally different than the grip one uses on a revo. Misuse of either will result in shots off the point of aim.

5. NINEROUND

NINEROUND Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    True. I also have a NM Blackhawk in .357 that doesn't give me any fits. It shoots like a laser. Maybe like Pulp and you have suggested, it is just my grip/trigger finger.