.45 Colt pet loads...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that anyone particularly cares, but I repeated accuracy testing at 25 yards and ended up with more like shotgun patterns than groupings from the 7.4 grain load. Seriously, like 6-8" groups low and right. May have to can this one if I can't figure it out. I sent an email to Ruger to see if they have any idea what's up. I could see the grouping being not to point of aim, but I wouldn't think that 10 yards more would be that detrimental to accuracy.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked at your groups again and an old memory sorta surfaced, but vaguely. Something about trigger finger position will make groups pull down and right like yours. I can't remember the details, but it might be worth researching. Your groups really aren't that bad for the sighting system on a Vaquero.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did shoot offhand and was able to hit an empty helium tank like you buy at Walmart and even a 6" disc at 25. I dunno, maybe it is just me. I shot my Glock and made 5 for 5 hits on the disc at the same distance. I'll have to do some more dry fire and then hit the range again. I was just curious if adding 10 yards and having the accuracy be afffected like that has happened to others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did shoot offhand and was able to hit an empty helium tank like you buy at Walmart and even a 6" disc at 25. I dunno, maybe it is just me. I shot my Glock and made 5 for 5 hits on the disc at the same distance. I'll have to do some more dry fire and then hit the range again. I was just curious if adding 10 yards and having the accuracy be afffected like that has happened to others.
The grip on a semi auto is totally different than the grip one uses on a revo. Misuse of either will result in shots off the point of aim.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True. I also have a NM Blackhawk in .357 that doesn't give me any fits. It shoots like a laser. Maybe like Pulp and you have suggested, it is just my grip/trigger finger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom