ANOTHER Shortage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, in January “they” were already positing a paper shortage for ballots for the upcoming November (s)elections. What, they can’t have some special runs in less than 9 MONTHS to make ballots?!? Guess we’ll all just sit back and let the Demon-ion Machines keeping the democraps in orifice.

I know for a fact that the state of Alabama has a number of paper producing "plants." Both those that literally grow in the ground and those plants where they convert wood chips to paper. When we worked there last year, it amazed us that (number one) there were so many logging trucks, and (number two) that they could get complete regrowth of pine trees in 8 to 10 years and ready for harvest.

So, if we need paper for ballots, I know from where to order the paper.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know for a fact that the state of Alabama has a number of paper producing "plants." Both those that literally grow in the ground and those plants where they convert wood chips to paper. When we worked there last year, it amazed us that (number one) there were so many logging trucks, and (number two) that they could get complete regrowth of pine trees in 8 to 10 years and ready for harvest.

So, if we need paper for ballots, I know from where to order the paper.
Mississippi has them, too, both forests and paper mills (and lemme tell ya, them mills do not smell like roses). Those forests are weird to someone used to the randomness of Oklahoma’s Crosstimbers; when you’re driving down the highway, you’ll reach points where the trees line up and you can see all the way through the forest to what’s behind it. On satellite imagery, they look like carpets—you can‘t necessarily see the individual rows of trees, but you can see the “grain” of the rows.

The funniest thing I saw in Mississippi was a big sign alongside Mississippi highway 25 about how you’re now entering the Tombigbee National Forest, and just a few hundred feet beyond that was a big logging operation with stacks and stacks of denuded tree trunks.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The funniest thing I saw in Mississippi was a big sign alongside Mississippi highway 25 about how you’re now entering the Tombigbee National Forest, and just a few hundred feet beyond that was a big logging operation with stacks and stacks of denuded tree trunks.
We saw that in National Forests in the Rocky's last summer.
I'm wondering if they have found out what the rest of knew about virgin forests that are void of wildlife as the canopy doesn't allow new growth of forbs and new growth plants that provide food for wildlife.
Once the canopy is thinned and sunlight allowed to penetrate to the ground, Mother Nature takes over and starts producing food for animals.
We saw huge brush piles of limbs and lots of stumps in the National Forest by the limited logging. We also saw tree's marked with paint that are probably the ones they wanted left? Don't know, maybe they were the ones to be cut?

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wondering if they have found out what the rest of knew about virgin forests that are void of wildlife as the canopy doesn't allow new growth of forbs and new growth plants that provide food for wildlife.
Once the canopy is thinned and sunlight allowed to penetrate to the ground, Mother Nature takes over and starts producing food for animals.
We saw huge brush piles of limbs and lots of stumps in the National Forest by the limited logging. We also saw tree's marked with paint that are probably the ones they wanted left? Don't know, maybe they were the ones to be cut?
How did Mother Nature provide for the species in the virgin forests before logging? Just curious? Not against logging, but there are purpose grown trees for the cause outside of the National forests.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How did Mother Nature provide for the species in the virgin forests before logging? Just curious? Not against logging, but there are purpose grown trees for the cause outside of the National forests.
Natural fires. Back when Yellowstone burned for weeks because the tree huggers said it was natures way, they were right in a way and wrong in another.
For many years before that fire, prescribed burns were the norm, but the "virgin forest" folks won the argument politically, so the prescribed burns stopped and the forest took over.
Similar to the fires in commifornika where the tree huggers didn't allow for any under brush to be burned occasionally in controlled fires resulting in massive fires that took out power lines, and so on. By not allowing controlled burns the wildfires have contributed to mud slides in the most exclusive neighborhoods.
Thats just the short story. It goes much deeper.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Natural fires. Back when Yellowstone burned for weeks because the tree huggers said it was natures way, they were right in a way and wrong in another.
For many years before that fire, prescribed burns were the norm, but the "virgin forest" folks won the argument politically, so the prescribed burns stopped and the forest took over.
Similar to the fires in commifornika where the tree huggers didn't allow for any under brush to be burned occasionally in controlled fires resulting in massive fires that took out power lines, and so on. By not allowing controlled burns the wildfires have contributed to mud slides in the most exclusive neighborhoods.
Thats just the short story. It goes much deeper.
Totally understand, it’s amazing wildlife survived without us. Rich people moved into the exclusive areas Commieformika, haha. I’ve spent some time out there from San Franscisco up to Humbolt county. Humbolt County was a lot of weed growing but not what I would call left wing commies. Most were very much against government intervention. Check out calguns forum. Their membership is huge, makes OSA look small

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We saw that in bold in the national forest north of Grand Canyon back in 2017/18, but those were the result of the forest service thinning out the undergrowth so that uncontrolled fires were diminished. After those piles sat there a while, probably to dry out, they went back in and burned the piles.

With regards to Alabama's forestry industry, after they replant the new growth trees after harvest, they go back in at some point and clear out undergrowth again so that logging is easier. I think that is the situation that Sooner was referring to in his post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom