ANOTHER Shortage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regards to Alabama's forestry industry, after they replant the new growth trees after harvest, they go back in at some point and clear out undergrowth again so that logging is easier. I think that is the situation that Sooner was referring to in his post.
In Mississippi, it looked like they used fire to control the undergrowth in the cultivated forests. What I saw in the Tombigbee forest was full-on logging of mature trees, not brush clearing, but I think it was harvesting of mature trees from cultivated parts of the forest.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
ALL these shortages, including labor, is totally illogical to me? What is causing this, the pandemic? If so how is it doing that? Where did all the people that fill these jobs go, everyone around here is short of help, and can't hire enough people, not even what was just a couple of years ago concidered a really good job, Q.T. voted in the top ten the best companies in the nation to work for, can't get enough people to fill all the openings, Big employers like oil companies, air craft industry, etc. down to waiter jobs! I don't know anyone that is getting enough government handouts due to the pandemic, that they don't need to work, do YOU? When anything seams illogical to me, that scares me, because we all know there is some logical explanation causing eveything! Well except what has been happening the last couple of years! GOOD LUCK TO US!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Curious as to why you like the fountain pens. I always thought they were a mess.
For me, they are a lot easier to write with than other types. As for being messy; yeah, they can be if you're not careful, but I have yet to have a good fountain pen to leak. The greatest risk of a mess is filling them with ink but the ink makers know this and make the bottles as stable as possible, and I have yet to tip one over.

As a somewhat humorous aside, I was cleaning a pen with red ink and got the ink all over my fingers, and I had to go into the doctor's office later that morning, and the new receptionist thought I was hurt. The LPN there knew me and calmed the receptionist down. Later we had a good laugh over it.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please put in a shameless plug for where your fiction is available 😉
Right now, it is only available on amazon kindle. Click on the link on my sig line and you'll come right to it.

The story concerns a group of Marxist fanatics who wish to bring about the Utopia envisioned by Karl Marx and are willing to unleash a massive blow at the west, especially the US, in order to achieve it.

One way to think of it is like Stephen King's The Stand, but without the supernatural stuff.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When my dad wrote his WWII book "Unlikely Warrior" he knew from what kind of ink was used in his letters to his mom, exactly where he was in his time line research. The red ones were transmission fluid dye from the halftrack he was radioman in when he was at Remagen Bridge campaign with the 9th Armor spring 1945

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now, it is only available on amazon kindle. Click on the link on my sig line and you'll come right to it.

The story concerns a group of Marxist fanatics who wish to bring about the Utopia envisioned by Karl Marx and are willing to unleash a massive blow at the west, especially the US, in order to achieve it.

One way to think of it is like Stephen King's The Stand, but without the supernatural stuff.
Thanks.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

sound familiar to the Frankfurt school?

Latest posts

Top Bottom