Any Blackstone Griddle fans???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used the Blackstone to deep fry chicken tonight. It was Eichen's good. Absolutely doing that again!
View attachment 302354View attachment 302353
Peanut oil?

Someone asked about the air fryer earlier. I have the one with 2 drawers. One is a fryer and one is a warmer. It’s okay, and it beats frying inside, but cleaning them up is a giant PITA.

I like mine and use it quite a bit. Bacon hardly ever gets cooked inside anymore. Sausage either except when I’m making gravy. I don't like to cook eggs or pancakes on mine, yet but I’ll get there, maybe. I may never cook a hamburger again that isn’t on the blackstone.

There was a Bonzi Pipeline Chicken Taco recipe in a book that came with it, and those are fantastic if ya like that kinda stuff.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reviving this one… POST UP SOME RECIPES.

Almost sold my blackstone today because I hardly use it. I need some recipes to try out, guys. I know I’ll regret it if I sell it.
Are you freeking serious? :laugh6: There is basically nothing you can't do on the blackstone.
It's my primary cooking device 6 months out of the year.
You can smoke ribs/brisket/chicken/whatever on it for long low and slow cooks, deep fry fish/chicken as has been posted, although there are some better methods for those in RV's I can go into if requested, or one or two families.
Make the greatest omelets, stir fry, casadias, taco stuff, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage. and so on.
Your imagination is the limit.
We have the 22" two burner portable with the lid to keep in the RV. The lid is a high dome.
I put ribs, brisket, chicken or a pork butt on one side on a rack that is about 1/2" above the griddle surface on one side with no fire underneath. Only light the burner on low on the other side, put a pellet smoke tube on the burner side that is on and put the fire on low.
The smoke tube will generate the smoke you want and the lid will capture it. In about 6 hours at 240 degrees you will have some slap yo momma tender ribs. Not fall off the bone which I don't like as that is nothing but pulled pork. I want my ribs to have a tiny bite but clear the bone mostly clean.

Cooking eggs: Get the little thin containers that make the eggs stay in one place on the griddle. I have some that are heart shaped because my wife made me, so no comments please.......

When you break the eggs into the little designer things, put an aluminum pan over the top of the eggs and squirt a little water under the pan and set it down. The eggs will come out perfectly white with a soft yolk after you learn. It might take a few tries but it's great for eggs.
Those foil pans are your friend when cooking on any of the griddles no matter how large.
You can put them over rice to steam them, over taters to get them cooking more even before crisping them when removing the pan and so on.
That's just a few tips.

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you freeking serious? There is basically nothing you can't do on the blackstone.
It's my primary cooking device 6 months out of the year.
You can smoke ribs/brisket/chicken/whatever on it for long low and slow cooks, deep fry fish/chicken as has been posted.
Make the greatest omelets, stir fry, casadias, taco stuff, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage. and so on.
Your imagination is the limit.
We have the 22" two burner portable with the lid to keep in the RV. The lid is a high dome.
I put ribs, brisket, chicken or a pork butt on one side on a rack that is about 1/2" above the griddle surface on one side with no fire underneath. Only light the burner on low on the other side, put a pellet smoke tube on the burner side that is on and put the fire on low.
The smoke tube will generate the smoke you want and the lid will capture it. In about 6 hours at 240 degrees you will have some slap yo momma tender ribs. Not fall off the bone which I don't like as that is nothing but pulled pork. I want my ribs to have a tiny bite but clear the bone mostly clean.

Cooking eggs: Get the little thin containers that make the eggs stay in one place on the griddle. I have some that are heart shaped because my wife made me, so no comments please.......

When you break the eggs into the little designer things, put an aluminum pan over the top of the eggs and squirt a little water under the pan and set it down. The eggs will come out perfectly white with a soft yolk after you learn. It might take a few tries but it's great for eggs.
Those foil pans are your friend when cooking on any of the griddles no matter how large.
You can put them over rice to steam them, over taters to get them cooking more even before crisping them when removing the pan and so on.
That's just a few tips.
I just started griddle cooking a couple of months ago. I’ve got the 22” with hood stored in the RV and a 28” for my back porch. Those look like some good tips / ideas that you have given. I’ll have to try them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just started griddle cooking a couple of months ago. I’ve got the 22” with hood stored in the RV and a 28” for my back porch. Those look like some good tips / ideas that you have given. I’ll have to try them.
I love that thing. Couldn't imagine how versatile it would be when we bought it, but it had no top them.
The addition of the high dome lid was great.
Amazon also offers wind deflectors to mount on the sides. There are some redneck ways to do that but they pale in comparison to the real deals. Don't try to save a dime.
The wind deflectors will also deflect most of the heat to the front, so be careful and don't pick up the handle after a long cook with bare hands.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are great cook surfaces for sure!
1663064111845.jpeg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’m seriously thinking about getting the 28 inch 1883 model. The model has been discontinued for some reason. The only place I can find it is on Amazon. It doesn’t have all the cabinets and drawers and is the right size for us. It also has the more rigid lid which I like. The lid on the displays at Ace and Walmart are wobbly.
DC673A56-1EBB-4320-BEAA-EC9D6966458C.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom