Any Blackstone Griddle fans???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad worked heat and air most of his life and Kips Big Boy was a client and he got a big stainless
flat cook top that was very thick and weighed about 60 lbs they tossed and had 2 burners from a floor furnace and built a frame and got a propane bottle.
Darn good flat top cooker. That was about 1980.

Restaurant supply may have flat top grill stuff and you could build your own I would bet.

I hate buying propane myself when I have so much wood.
I do like the idea of the flat grill though.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always wanted an indoor gas griddle instead of normal burners on the gas range. I think it is far more practical.

For cleanup, we always used a scraper to get the food particles off, a decent sized brick of pumice to get buildup off, and then a dense foam block with a wet rag wrapped around it to steam it for a final cleanup. Squirt down with some oil and go back over it one more time with the wet rag to spread the oil. Then it was ready for the next cook to come in.

I really prefer cooking even potable food on a griddle. There is just so much work space and staging your burner temps to have a gradient of heat across it allows you to just shift food left or right to adjust cook times as need. Put a small metal container of butter on the corner used to keep food warm so it stays melted but doesnt cook all day and you can quickly brush melted butter on buns for toasting on the griddle as well.

Tossing together an easy meal for when family is in town takes a fraction of the time on a decent sized griddle as well.

For those of you that have one, do they offer a nat gas conversion kit? We have a gas line for quick connects on the back patio, so I would prefer that option to buying propane bottles.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Son has the 36". He got it when we built a BBQ trailer.

Took it to the lake for 4th. 14 of us, 10 teenagers.

He went to check juglines, I started breakfast. Got the grill going, pile of sausage on one end, bacon on the other, hashbrowns in the middle, and a corner with purple onion, diced red bell pepper and mushrooms.

Bacon cooked and chopped it on the grill. Scraped everything to middle and stirred together. Added 30 eggs and good handful of shredded cheddar. Kept stirring.

Put 2 tortillas on each end.

Kids lining up. Grab a tortilla and drop a replacement.

Everybody happy, happy, happy.

Clean the grill. (Flax seed oil is a MUST)
Smash burger, bacon and mushrooms that night.

Big favorite is sliced yellow squash, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, mushroom, carrots, celery. Put in ziplock bag with zesty Italian salad dressing. Fridge for 8-12 hours. Dump on griddle.

Add some chunks of chicken (chicken Fajita or tuna can chicken is great) and noodles. 1 pan meal.

When we new bought new range for the house, in '19. Bought the one with the center griddle. 99% of my cooking is on the griddle.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Blackstone is run off a nat gas line straight from the house. So my propane days are behind me now, so nice to never have to worry about if I am going to run out mid-cook. My mom taught me a pretty solid system as a kid, she cooked using a propane grill all the time. We always kept another full tank in the garage. When one ran empty it was only a few minutes before the next one was hooked up and you were back in business. Then you had a few days or weeks even to take the empty and swap it out and just put the replacement in the garage until it was time to swap them again.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a natural gas stove when I lived in Spencer that was 36" wide with 4 regular burners
and a griddle in the middle.
This was around 1992 and it cost me just under 1K
Worth it.
I should have taken it from the house when i sold the house but it was probably one of the best things in the house.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to have a larger griddle than what I have. The one I have is for the Camp Chef Sidekick that sits on the side of the smoker. It's really handy for two people.

We spent 3 days at Lake Brownwood down in central TX this past weekend at a large family gathering. I used the small griddle on a Camp Chef two-burner cook stove. There just isn't enough real estate on the Sidekick griddle for more than 3 or 4 people. And then, if you're cooking stuff for a larger group, you can generally only cook one item at a time.

I need to find either a larger griddle or get another of the Sidekick griddles.

I love my Camp Chef Woodwind smoker, though. That thing is amazing. 7 years old and still works like it was new.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had this one for about a year and a half. I also own just about every accessory that Blackstone makes for it. LOL!!!
But I would say the best accessory so far are the wind deflectors.
I love it and will probably not ever own another grill again. You just can't beat the flattop griddle. IMO

1663081634772.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom