Any Blackstone Griddle fans???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reviving this one… POST UP SOME RECIPES.

Almost sold my blackstone today because I hardly use it. I need some recipes to try out, guys. I know I’ll regret it if I sell it.
Here's one of our favorites, grilled shrimp, we usually cook some veggies on the griddle too, like broccoli and carrots

Grilled Shrimp
16-20 Easy Peel deveined frozen Shrimp (can work for up to 2lbs of Jumbo Shrimp)
Thaw, Peel, and pinch tails off

Marinade for 30 min to 1hour in fridge before cooking

Marinade
(in Ziplock Bag)
2 tbs Avocado Oil
1/2 tsp White pepper
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tbs soy sauce
Few Shakes of Tabasco
Lime Juice from 1/2 Lime (roll to help Juice squeeze), or 1 tbs Real Lime Juice
2 cloves garlic through garlic press (or 2 tsp minced garlic)
Close Ziploc Bag and shake all ingredients to mix well
Add Shrimp and shake to coat Shrimp

Grill
set to all burners on low heat (350 degrees)
Add some cooking oil to the grill and spread around surface
Pour contents of Ziplock bag onto grill
Cook Shrimp about 2-3 minutes per side
Squeeze other half of lime juice (or 1 tbs Real Lime Juice) over shrimp before taking off the grill

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my favorite things to cook on my Blackstone is Chicken and Shrimp fried rice. Man it’s so good.
Also cook smash burgers and breakfast (eggs, bacon, pancakes, toast) a lot my flattop.
Ha! I was going to post what i like on my Blackstone but you pretty much nailed what i was going to post. I prefer the "House" fried rice with the beef, chicken and shrimp. I will say, my smash burgers are freakin fantastic!.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used that Lodge cast iron griddle rectangular and flat with sides that are maybe 3/16" tall.

I found some of my onions decided to jump ship when I tried to scoop and flip them.

Had to use my other utensils as a back up to keep stuff on the griddle.

Kudos to Blackstone for making generous sides so you can scoop and flip stuff.
Now I will get some flat steel about 1.5" tall and make a sort of holder for this Lodge griddle that has sides.
Problem will be solved before I use it again.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 36" BS came from Tractor Supply and it had a lot of "accessories" other places sell as extras already on it, hard lid, paper towel holder, magnetic strips, tool hangers etc. I have had it about 6 months and it gets a lot of use with most of my meals, many I used to do on the grill that does not get used much any more. Ha Ha I have come up with a few accessories that work well for me.

Yep, a spare propane bottle is a must to have handy. I can always quick change the one off my grill in a pinch.

One of the $20 laser surface temp guns from WM E-Bay, Amazon or some place like that is a must to see what your average surface temp is. My griddle will do way more heat than I need most of the time.

One dedicated for cooking pair of inexpensive welder gloves (was about $8) from Harbor Freight, great for cleaning up afterward with no singed fingers and other cooking uses.

E-bay had a set of 4 little knobs with magnets on the bottom for $12. You can use a large foil turkey pan upside down with a washer on the inside for an extra large dome for some items.

Chrome baking sheet cooling rack about a half inch tall. Prob from WM or some place like that. Great for many things. Singe both sides of a can of biscuits in bacon grease on the griddle top and put on the rack under the dome pan to finish cooking the insides. Perfect every time with no burning with just a little attention.

Mine does not get much wind where I cook, but I have three of the SS scrapers $1 each from Dollar General to hang on one end if I need them, had to open one up a little to fit on the side.

Found an old picnic basket to put all this cooking stuff in with spatulas, scrapers, roll of paper towels, extras salt and pepper shakers, etc. for storage and to take out in one trip.

Frozen "Steak Fries" are flatter and do well with a little oil underneath to turn once for french fries. Setting a cast iron skillet on it will work well for cornbread and stuff like that to keep it contained if you had rather cook outside. Just add a little time for it to heat up. Cornbread can also be cooked like pancakes if you don't mind extra crust on each side.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Hope this thread stays alive, while it is not a cooking forum site, it is a site were like minded people enjoy all parts of the outdoors. I wish I had gotten a large flat top griddle years ago instead of fighting the little one I put on my grill.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom