Backup weapon knife or gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you carry for a backup weapon

• Another Gun

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • A knife

Votes: 109 46.8%
  • Both

Votes: 78 33.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 21 9.0%

• Total voters

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reckon it is. But, a good whack across the radial nerve, elbow, ect. Will make your attacker have some second thoughts. May not be legal. But, a blade to the adams apple is just so messy. All these nasty things in blood these days. You can order one from CopsPlus. Regards

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blackjacks and saps are extremely effective but the fact that they are illegal to carry makes them poor choices for every day carry.

I keep a jack by my bed but I don't carry one.

Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A maglight is an outstanding improvised weapon.

However it carries the shortcomings of most (other than jacks and saps) impact weapons in that if it is big enough to do damage its too big to carry on your person.

Michael Brown

Reaction score
Michael Brown said:
A maglight is an outstanding improvised weapon.

However it carries the shortcomings of most (other than jacks and saps) impact weapons in that if it is big enough to do damage its too big to carry on your person.

Michael Brown

It can be a burden. But I carry one quite frequently, especially at night. Shomer-Tech sells a nich, cheap holder made of Nylon that carries it in such a position that it's very quickly drawn and doesn't bang your hip as you walk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom