Backup weapon knife or gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you carry for a backup weapon

• Another Gun

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • A knife

Votes: 109 46.8%
  • Both

Votes: 78 33.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 21 9.0%

• Total voters

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wlcharm said:
I carry a Surefire 6P flashlight with a GG&G T.I.D.(Tactical Impact Device). Makes a nice DNA sample taker.
[Broken External Image]

Can you get that in a gingerbread man pattern?

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Spyderco knife for now. I want to get and subcompact XD40 as a BUG.

If Springfield ever makes a subcompact XD45ACP I'll be the first on that list too. :) hint hint if Springfield is reading this.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would you bring a knife to a gun fight? The bad thing about using a knife is that you probably are only gonna get one "stab at it" (pardon the pun) What I mean is, when you make the first stab wound on a BG, you are gonna be "up close & personal" meaning you can't stab a guy from 10 - 15 yards away (forget about throwing knives - that only works in Hollywood) and when you make that first thrust with a knife, it's gonna be the biggest damned mess you've ever seen! Bloody, bloody, bloody! Of course a shot glass of blood looks like a gallon! And if you try to stab the BG again, you are probably gonna cut your own hand in the process, because blood is slicker than KY jelly and your hand is gonna slip forward towards the BG and along the blade of the knife (unless it is a fixed blade with a large hilt to stop any forward movement of your hand). And when you do - guess what? You have just become this guys blood brother and got all the assorted diseases that he has :faint: I carry a Spyderco Delica, a Glock 27, 1 extra mag and a SureFire 9P everywhere I go - on and off duty, but usually the Spyderco is used for utility uses - not self defense - I have the baby Glock for that! But if push came to shove, yeah, I would probably use a knife too...but only if the chips were totaly down and I had no options left! Of course you can always run like hell - there's no shame in retreat. "Dirty Harry" said it best - "A man's got to know his limitations" :nolike:

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 'em down said:
Why would you bring a knife to a gun fight? The bad thing about using a knife is that you probably are only gonna get one "stab at it" (pardon the pun) What I mean is, when you make the first stab wound on a BG, you are gonna be "up close & personal" meaning you can't stab a guy from 10 - 15 yards away (forget about throwing knives - that only works in Hollywood) and when you make that first thrust with a knife, it's gonna be the biggest damned mess you've ever seen! Bloody, bloody, bloody! Of course a shot glass of blood looks like a gallon! And if you try to stab the BG again, you are probably gonna cut your own hand in the process, because blood is slicker than KY jelly and your hand is gonna slip forward towards the BG and along the blade of the knife (unless it is a fixed blade with a large hilt to stop any forward movement of your hand). And when you do - guess what? You have just become this guys blood brother and got all the assorted diseases that he has :faint: I carry a Spyderco Delica, a Glock 27, 1 extra mag and a SureFire 9P everywhere I go - on and off duty, but usually the Spyderco is used for utility uses - not self defense - I have the baby Glock for that! But if push came to shove, yeah, I would probably use a knife too...but only if the chips were totaly down and I had no options left! Of course you can always run like hell - there's no shame in retreat. "Dirty Harry" said it best - "A man's got to know his limitations" :nolike:

A little live training might change your perspective on this.

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom