Computer problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hve a weird sitution. I cnnot type the letter in this forum. I cn go to ny other forum nd type the letter , nd it shows up on the screen. I have tried Notepd, nd CMD PROMPT, with no problem. I caaaan open up Hotmil, then open up and type in a new messge with no problems.

AActully, it is hit nd miss nd sometimes it doubles or even triples the letter when I type it. s aan experiment,
To even type what I have on the display above, I have to repetedly hit the a key.
Do you have a can of compressed air? Sounds like something stuck under the A key.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have a can of compressed air? Sounds like something stuck under the A key.
That's what I thought too. But the damn thing works in any other program and the CMD prompt, and Notepad. I can type as evidenced by this answer but I have to double check my words with a's in them and go back and hit the a key multiple times just to get it to work. Damn frustrating!

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like it may be the browser. Try checking for any extensions you don't recognize and remove them. Also try clearing the cache. Can also try a different browser to see if it has the same issue.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I thought too. But the damn thing works in any other program and the CMD prompt, and Notepad. I can type as evidenced by this answer but I have to double check my words with a's in them and go back and hit the a key multiple times just to get it to work. Damn frustrating!
Try an external USB keyboard. I will love hearing what it turns out to be if this is wrong, but... I can't think of how it can be anything but the keyboard. If it had something specific to do with this website, everyone should be having the same problem.

EDIT: Catt57 has some great trouble-shooting advice above

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does it do the same thing in different browsers? And which browser are you using? As stated above I would check your plugins and disable any that you do not recognize or disable them all to see if that is the problem.

And is it just this forum or does it do it on any website?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's something squirrelly about the "smart" editor this forum has had for a good while. It plays hell with autoincorrect on my iPad (using Safari), which doesn't happen in other apps, nor does it happen in Safari on other forums.

Latest posts

Top Bottom