Decided to lose weight...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for gyms, try Fitness 19 on 104th and western. Can't go wrong at 10 bucks a month. Congrats on the lifestyle change.

If anyone wants to, my wife and I run at Earlywine park most nights at around 8:30 or 9

As for running consuming muscle, I call horse hockey, unless you have 0 fat.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at 295 last November, my wife and I decided to go on a diet TOGETHER, she had been trying for two years but I was thwarting all attempts. I am now at 245 and my wife has lost 30lbs. We have cut out soda and watch what we eat. I have gone from a 3xl shirt down to a xl and a 42 waist to a 38 and I am closing in on a 36.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great thread! I lost 65 pounds since last January 1; I actually kept my New Years Resolution. I do a few weight lifting exercises, nothing extreme, but my work can be physical and with a lot of walking. The biggest help was my diet and all I do is count fat grams, nothing else. Since there are no fat grams in beer, I can drink all I want, lol. People say that's crazy, beer is bad for you, but I say I lost 65 pounds so far, so it's not hurting me. Whats bad about beer, is eatting all the chips and stuff with it. I mostly eat Lean Cuisines and Healthy Choice meals, or I'll have my wife make me some fish or some other healthy foods. She has been on the better eatting plan with me. I try not to use the word diet, since diet is something that you eventually come off of. I like to say that I changed my eatting habits. I feel so much better and I hardly sweat this summer and I was sweating like a pig last summer, lol. I too had very high blood pressure that has come way down and have been taking off of a couple of pills for that and I don't have edema in the legs from those meds anymore. I'm getting younger everyday! I'm looking forward to cooler weather because I"m much more active when it's cold and I'm looking forward to taking up Jogging and get back into playing racquetball. I admit, the hot summers does hinder my energy level when it's so damn hot; I like to just hang out at the pool with my smaller waste and get a tan while looking at the babes. The hardest part is just getting started, anybody can do it. You have to give yourself rewards too, like buy yourself something for every ten pounds or something and it's really fun getting smaller clothes, but, don't buy much, they are temporary as you will get even smaller. Oh, and the smaller your belly gets, the bigger your pecker gets, ROFL.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I do is watch Fat Grams so fried foods are out. I usually eat a healthy choice or lean cuizine for lunch and wife will make healthy dinner, or I will eat the lean cuizines for lunch and dinner. If I get hungry again, I'll eat some fruit or pretzels. After about a week, your stomach shrinks and it gets a lot easier and the healthier foods taste much better, like fat free ranch on your salad. Some of the lean dinners are kick-ass and would eat them if I was still a pig, lol.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By using portion control and limiting my carbs to a reasonable level with the addition of jogging to supplement days I dont play hockey, I have shed 23.5lbs in 6 weeks.

Zombie11

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is great, ive gained 40 lbs over the last 4 years (135 to175) and it really started bothering me when i had my son in january. if i can get my whiskey drinking under control (main reason for weight gain).

my wife and i are starting couch to 5k training. anyone have any tips for kicking the drinking habit?

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what kind of drinking habit are you talking about? If you get withdrawal symptoms then you should seek a doctors assistance.

Other than that, transition to water. Crystal light and Mio make it easier (low calorie water additives) if you're not a water drinker.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is great, ive gained 40 lbs over the last 4 years (135 to175) and it really started bothering me when i had my son in january. if i can get my whiskey drinking under control (main reason for weight gain).

my wife and i are starting couch to 5k training. anyone have any tips for kicking the drinking habit?

Whiskey isnt that bad for you (as long as you moderate yourself) most of your higher alcohols (vodka, whiskey, bourbon, scotch, etc) are around 64 Calories per 1.5oz. If you compare that to 1 miller lite at 90 Calories, calories per intoxication of the harder alcohols win hands down. That and they are empty Calories. None of the carbs and stuff thats in beer.

I've slowed way down on beer, but I stay strong with the scotch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom