Dog in need of a rescue...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a friend who has a dog who has become a problem.

He's an English bulldog, about 6 years old, brindle. He went after one of the other dogs yesterday, and my friend's wife was in the way - she didn't TRY to get in-between them, just happened to be in-between. Anyways, he got her arm and had to be pulled off, jaws pulled apart. I guess he is a really great dog when he is the center of attention, he just gets jealous and my friend says he really needs to be the only pet in the house wherever he lands and he will be fine. Here's what he sent me about his history:

He's an Olde English Bulldog. 6 years old. Went from a backyard breeder, to a couple of nice old folks that bought him as a package deal with his Sister who they intended to breed. They neglected them due to traveling too much, and didn't want the dogs to "dirty up the house." So they were kennelled almost all the time. When they were let out they were confined to a small area. Both become overly aggressive with resource hoarding behavior. They got in a fight, which tore Butch's ACL, and his sister wounded. They wanted to get rid of him, so we took him. We had the excess time to spend with him and give him what he needed. Never showed anymore aggressiveness to other animals. Pure blooded, believe papered but not sure.

He really is a great dog. Just needs to be the center of attention. Very exuberant, very rambunctious. Loves other people and to play.

They have multiple small children, so he is being kept in the laundry room for the moment, until they find a place for him, I believe.

This isn't something to fool with - if you know animals and think you can deal with this, that's fine. But this isn't a dog to experiment on. The injuries were significant, she ended up with I think 27 stitches. I'm trying to help out my friend here, hoping someone can find a home for this dog where he will thrive as a sole pet - I hope. I am going strictly on my friend's word and can't attest to anything other than that.

Pics:

i236.photobucket.com_albums_ff121_tRdoc_IMG_1481_zpslhkc7pap.jpg

i236.photobucket.com_albums_ff121_tRdoc_IMG_5132_zpsz44l9jtk.jpg

i236.photobucket.com_albums_ff121_tRdoc_IMG_7399_zpsoeegtgrd.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
A bump for this... controversial topic, I know, but my friend is trying to save a dog he sees a good dog in spite of his shortcomings. Hoping someone can step up.

Volmarr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would they be ok with him going to a rescue? My wife knows a person that runs the bully breed rescue in town to get rehabbed and then a home found for him?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That dog just needs a friend, I think. An Alpha friend to give him a home and some guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent you a private message. If you can get back to me soon, I will see if my wife will let me have him.

Sorry, I didn't see the part that said he needs to be the only Pat. We have two female dogs, two male cats, and a four-year-old baby girl. Guess I better pass.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I could offer to help, but I already have 5 dogs in the house, 2 of which are pretty small. If he's already dog aggressive, I wouldn't want to mix him in with my bunch, especially since I can't be here 24/7 to shut him down.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Understood. A rescue would be good... he said he talked to one in OKC today - Thunder something or Tornado something? They said they would take him but only to euthanize him. They were concerned (rightly) because most dogs when they realize they have ahold of a person will let go - he did not, and had to be pried off. But they are open to a rescue and rehab, they would really rather not have him put down if there is a viable, safe option to avoid it.

I saw him tonight when I went to check her wounds. He is being kept in a crate for the moment. Good looking dog.

Latest posts

Top Bottom