Eischens lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry jakeman i did not know it was a bar.
I never visited bars unless the girls serving were naked.
There were a few of those that had some good food.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I mentioned on the fried chicken thread. Eischen's is good, it's actually really good, but it's just really good for plain fried chicken. There's nothing special about it, no secret spices, no honey drizzled over the top like Bobo's, it's just plain, traditional fried chicken. Part of the charm is in the atmosphere. Standing in line waiting on a table while pounding a pitcher of beer is appealing to some, me included.

The best way to experience Eischen's is to consume 1 pitcher of beer before seating yourself.
Bite of fried chicken + bite of onion + bite of bread and butter pickles.

Perfect combo that I enjoy. Have I had better friend chicken? Yes. Have I had a better all around experience while eating fried chicken? Not even close.

I agree with this. The experience is what makes it so great. The friends, the beer, the chicken and pickles and David Allen Coe on the jukebox. By the way, isn't FRIED chicken suppose to be greasy? Also, proper etiquette calls for anything that can fly or swim can be eaten with the hands in any circle.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are aware that place is a bar that serves some chicken, and not a restaurant, right?

From page 19 of the SDA Handbook:

Provided however, a person possessing a valid handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act may carry the concealed or unconcealed handgun into any restaurant or other establishment licensed to dispense low-point beer or alcoholic beverages where the sale of low-point beer or alcoholic beverages does not constitute the primary purpose of the business.

Without having access to Eischen's audited books, it seems there is no way to determine "the primary purpose of the business", save what the proprietors say it is. The law does not appear to firmly settle this conundrum, unlike in Texas with the 51% Rule. Of course, the proprietor of any establishment may post their business. The only question here is whether the choice to carry in spite of the sign ("concealed is concealed, right?") merely gets you trespassed or charged with a felony, pursuant to the section following what I quoted above.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with this. The experience is what makes it so great. The friends, the beer, the chicken and pickles and David Allen Coe on the jukebox. By the way, isn't FRIED chicken suppose to be greasy? Also, proper etiquette calls for anything that can fly or swim can be eaten with the hands in any circle.

Fried okra swimming in grease qualifies... Lol

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From page 19 of the SDA Handbook:

Without having access to Eischen's audited books, it seems there is no way to determine "the primary purpose of the business", save what the proprietors say it is. The law does not appear to firmly settle this conundrum, unlike in Texas with the 51% Rule. Of course, the proprietor of any establishment may post their business. The only question here is whether the choice to carry in spite of the sign ("concealed is concealed, right?") merely gets you trespassed or charged with a felony, pursuant to the section following what I quoted above.

It's not Eischens Resturant, it's Eishens Bar.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been there and each time I thought, "why a I here?"

Place is dirty and it's basic fired chicken with onions/pickles and wonder bread on the side...I bet the guys in the back are laughing at all the people lining up.

I won't be back.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been once. It sucks. I can cook better fried chicken. It's nothing special. There are a dozen places in Southern Oklahoma that has better chicken and no wait.

Latest posts

Top Bottom