EXCLUDING POLITICS, what is the most irritating thing that happens or you have to deal with

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to say I just bought a new Chevy truck and it has some whackadoodle headlight system called "IntelliBeam" which was on when I picked it up a week ago. As far as I can tell, it should be called the "Let'sPissOffOtherDriversAtTheLeastOpportuneMomentWithNoWayToCorrectTheProblemWhileIt'sHappening" headlight system. I keep forgetting to figure out how to disable it before I'm driving, then the sun sets and whoop, there it is! WTF is wrong with a damned on/off switch? :(
My wife’s 2014 Cadillac Escalade has the auto high beams. There’s a disable button up on the rear view mirror. I’m pretty sure that is where the sensor is that detects oncoming headlights.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Housework. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Yes, I KNOW how fortunate I am that I am able to stay home. Yes, I KNOW that Stepford Wives are supposed to do ALL the housework.

No. No, I do NOT believe it is some man's God given right to just wander thru the house like a toddler who needs a nap messing **** up with no consequence. Some of you guys do NOT know how good you have it. 😑🙄🙄🙄🤐

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to say I just bought a new Chevy truck and it has some whackadoodle headlight system called "IntelliBeam" which was on when I picked it up a week ago. As far as I can tell, it should be called the "Let'sPissOffOtherDriversAtTheLeastOpportuneMomentWithNoWayToCorrectTheProblemWhileIt'sHappening" headlight system. I keep forgetting to figure out how to disable it before I'm driving, then the sun sets and whoop, there it is! WTF is wrong with a damned on/off switch? :(

I have no idea about the Chevrolet's light switch, but maybe it has the same features as the switch on our Ford Expedition.

Ford Expedition Headlight Switch.png

The single circle to the left is "Off," while the emblem next to it is for the front and rear marker lights. The third emblem is for "headlights on," and the last one is for "automatic operation," which turns the lights on when it gets dark enough and dims automatically. If I use the "headlights on" setting, I can manually operate the dimmer with the turn signal lever. Also, if it happens to be in "automatic operation," I can override the automatic dimming and just use the turn lever.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I have no idea about the Chevrolet's light switch, but maybe it has the same features as the switch on our Ford Expedition.

View attachment 435470

The single circle to the left is "Off," while the emblem next to it is for the front and rear marker lights. The third emblem is for "headlights on," and the last one is for "automatic operation," which turns the lights on when it gets dark enough and dims automatically. If I use the "headlights on" setting, I can manually operate the dimmer with the turn signal lever. Also, if it happens to be in "automatic operation," I can override the automatic dimming and just use the turn lever.
Isn't that sposed to be attached to the vehicle?

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@bubbaturbo asked some 15 pages back… here’s what really pisses me off -

I casually walked up to front (sales side) of a Toyota dealership while back side serviced my truck (2007 Tundra with nearly 200k). I went to check out the new Tundra since they totally revamped it with twin turbo V-6, electric option, no rear bumper , etc.

I asked the idiotic sales dude if he had the simplest model available. He then went into a sales speech about how all the she-hob that I don’t want or need, was “needed”, “wanted”, and majority of customers “required”. I asked again about the simplest model (SR trim) and he said that they don’t have SR trim in inventory since very few people want one, then he rewound his tape and spewed the same nonsense about how great life is with 37 computers and a dial to shift the transmission into D.

I politely told him to kiss off, not interested, and went home to plan my rehab of the old truck so I won’t have to buy a new truck with a large screen TV in the dash- also not interested in a Govt compliant truck that was solely built to pay homage to the latest blah blah blah regulations.

My bottom line, I’m sick and tired of this society acting like the latest technology is somehow essential to living, solely because it’s available. All that techno stuff is complicated and expensive to buy, can’t be repaired, requires replacement of high $ parts, adds tremendous cost to the item, and I’m not buying into it. There, I said it.

Time to play “Simple Man” by the late great Charlie Daniels.

Latest posts

Top Bottom