Favorite hot sauce on your eggs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OF THESE CHOICES, what is your favorite for eggs (especially on fried eggs)?

• Tabasco

• Louisiana

• Cholula

• Frank's Red hot

• One of the green sauces (please which brand specify below)

• Other (only vote this if you hate the other choices)

Results are only viewable after voting.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to frequent a bar that had a drink called the Mexican Sweat.

Three fingers of tequila and three shots of Tabasco. Damn, those were good! 22 of them were really good.
For my 21st birthday I had a bunch of my friends and my brother get together work me at The Vista in Norman with the goal of doing 21 shots for my birthday. My oldest brother bought my first shot and he was a complete azzhole to me because he knew that I don't like tequila or Tabasco and bought me a shot called a Prairie Fire. Which, of course, was tequila with Tabasco. Just about ruined me for the evening. Almost. 😁

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other than Tabasco, most of what is listed have too much sodium for my tastes(Texas Petes, Louisiana, Crystal, Valentina). So, I found this at Winco. They have a yellow lid that's hotter. It's about 1/3rd as much sodium. BUT, I just read the last ingredient is MSG - so damned if you do, damned if you don't regarding trying to watch what you eat!
hot sauce.jpg

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
LaCostena green salsa. I think it’s one the best greens salsas. Used to be called salsa verde before the Wuhan flu hit. Then they translated it for us Americans.

Plain hot sauce? Franks or Tabasco is good like you use. How about the other Tabasco flavors? You tried them? They are different and have less of a traditional Tabasco vinegar taste. They’re all pretty good. The chipotle one is really good.

I like Texas Pete, when I can find it. I’d say it’s right between Frank’s and Louisiana hot sauce. One of my upper kitchen cabinets is just full of different hot sauces, but I always fall back on one of these 3. Louisiana, Texas Pete, or Tabasco.
If you ask for hot sauce at Chick-fil-a you get Texas Pete's Hot Sauce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom