G26, G27, or G29?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be for in the console when I'm in the truck and carry when I jump out. I'll also shoot it alot probably, but I have a full size 1911, G17, XDM to shoot A LOT. It would also be used for packing in Colorado, etc. We've been going quite a bit (hunting) and would be nice to have a small high power (10mm), but I don't want it to blow my hand off either. I've got a S&W 686, but it's big and heavy for carry and doesn't hold many rounds.

Pretty hard decision. I think the 9mm would be nice for shooting alot, but I'm not sure how much I'll actually shoot any small gun since I have the full size models.

Shooting4Fun

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I might be mistaken, but I think I remember reading about conversion barrels for the G29.

With conversion barrels and additional mags, I think the G29 might be capable of 10MM, 40sw, 357 sig, 9MM, and 9X25 Dillion? Not so sure about the 9MM.

The question is use, though I have not shot 10MM I imagine it is louder and has more muzzle flash than a 9MM.

Have you shot all three? I would do that before making the decison.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the 10mm also, I used to have a G20 and plan to buy another when the Gen 4 comes out. Having shot a few rounds in a G20, I doubt that I'd want the 10 in a small CCW weapon.
YMMV

If you can handle the G20, the G29 is won't be a problem. The dual recoil spring config really helps and for the hot rounds a heavier recoil spring seems to reduce the muzzel flip.

I've carried a G29 for about a year now. It's not for everyone, it does have some recoil, but nothing that can't be managed. IMO its a great compromise between power and size.

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I might be mistaken, but I think I remember reading about conversion barrels for the G29.

With conversion barrels and additional mags, I think the G29 might be capable of 10MM, 40sw, 357 sig, 9MM, and 9X25 Dillion? Not so sure about the 9MM.

The question is use, though I have not shot 10MM I imagine it is louder and has more muzzle flash than a 9MM.

Have you shot all three? I would do that before making the decison.

That's a good idea if it's possible! Shoot for fun with 9mm and carry/protection with the 10mm.

I haven't shot anything but the 9mm. It was fine. I think the 10mm would be pretty stout, but I think it would be cool too. Don't see many of those. Buying ammo would be tough though....

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't do 9mm (9x19) in a G29.
You can get an Advantage Arms .22 LR conversion for it though and shoot cheap .22 with the same trigger and frame.

GunsForSale.com

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned and carried the G26 and G27 at various times. Both are very shootable, but the G27 definitely had a bit more kick. Not enough to prevent 100% hits at 25 yards (slow fire), but enough to notice.

For me, I prefer the G26, but would not hesitate to carry any/all of them. Of course, YMMV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom