Gas prices, anyone notice...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't even try, we apparently went full retard a few pages back...... everyone knows you don't go full retard.

cdn.memegenerator.net_instances_400x_26456207.jpg

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know the reason, I just know my wallet doesn't like it. Why isn't oil being produced here in Oklahoma? I drive down the road everyday and see oil wells that are not pumping. They need to be. If they are dry, pick them up, clean up the mess and move to another site.

They're pumped off?

There's a little bit more that goes into making a couple barrels of oil from a stripper well than just pounding it dry, lol.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So many fallacies. Don't know where to begin.

if you are referring to my posts ... please do elaborate ... would be happy to back up anything that I've posted

Don't even try, we apparently went full retard a few pages back...... everyone knows you don't go full retard.

if you are referring to my posts ... please do elaborate ... would be happy to back up anything that I've posted

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'll bite

fuel is a commodity that the public cannot operate without. If we want to drive to work, we have NO choice but to pay what ever is charged at the pump. we can drill 5x the number of oil wells with NO effect on fuel prices. production has increased so much that American is on it's way to supplying all it's petroleum needs. again, supply and demand has zero to do with actual prices charged at the pump.

BIG government created this problem by allowing MEGA mergers to take place. history has shown price controls simply does not work. exception of course is for our utilities, like electric, natural gas, water, phone, etc. profits are carefully monitored most times prices has to be approved by state regulatory agencies. There's a pretty solid argument in favor of regulating fuel as a utility that the public cannot do without.

Do you believe that all petrochemical should be regulated, or simply fuel petroleum? It's a much broader industry that most public utility companies are engaged in. Regulating prices through approval boards and filings would be much more complicated, particularly when:

- There is a not a true monopoly on the supply side
- The retail sellers are typically franchisees selling the product
- Product providers are not guaranteed contracts in exchange for the vast expense of setting up infrastructure, as seen with public utilities ran to homes and businesses
- There is no compulsion for a person to own a vehicle and consume, unlike public utilities used by virtually all the population of the US

That's a start...

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll bite
Do you believe that all petrochemical should be regulated, or simply fuel petroleum? It's a much broader industry that most public utility companies are engaged in. Regulating prices through approval boards and filings would be much more complicated, particularly when:

- There is a not a true monopoly on the supply side
- The retail sellers are typically franchisees selling the product
- Product providers are not guaranteed contracts in exchange for the vast expense of setting up infrastructure, as seen with public utilities ran to homes and businesses
- There is no compulsion for a person to own a vehicle and consume, unlike public utilities used by virtually all the population of the US

That's a start...

Whether you like it or not really matters not. The fact is the entire world's entire economy is made possible by oil & gas. If I could snap my fingers and turn every pump jack and pipeline pumping station off, park every single tanker ship and truck the world over I would. Just for one week. I'd like everyone to live in the dark to educate them to that fact.

personally don't believe in regulation for pricing... let the market place determine pricing. big government stay the hell out! but in order for that to happen there must be competition.

unfortunately big government stepped in ... FTC allowed MEGA mergers of already HUGE oil companies into MEGA HUGE multinationals. these BIG oil companies operate on budgets size of small countries.

after the honey-moon period, post merger ... Katrina happened giving BIG oil the excuse it needed to fabricate the lie that most of America's fuel supplies was threatened. when in fact only TWO refineries were down .. most folks were not aware nearby refineries could take up slack virtually over night. there was NO shortage!

prices rocketed overnight from $1.50gal to $3gal ... this translates into about $100 per month less income for virtually every family in America. the speed that this happened illustrates the monopoly positions MEGA HUGE oil controls for fuel prices .. think about it... almost every family in America with $100 less per month available to pay for bills, mortgages, food, etc. etc.

it's not the manipulated net profit % that counts... it's the gross sale figures that count. matters not what gross or net profits... what counts is what gets yanked out of each and every American's pocket, each and everytime we fill up... NOT driving to work is not an option.

as Shadowrider posted above, very accurately I might add... America runs on petroleum... a week without, we'd be in darkness... we've got NO choice but to pay what ever is charged at the pump. if BIG oil decided to charged $6 gal .. we'd have NO choice but to pay it.

what would stop above is two things... 1. politicians.. they have the power to change the laws. they got us into this mess by allowing FTC to allow those MEGA mergers. they've got the power to bust up those MEGA HUGE oil companies.

2. second thing BIG oil fears is killing the goose that lays the golden egg ... too high prices will send economy into another global recession. BIG oil has teams of economist to tell them when and how hard to squeeze.

yanking $1.13 TRILLION dollars out of US economy .. impossible not to have side effects. IMHO the massive raise in global fuel prices is one of the main reason for our global recession.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Nah, it's just not worth the time. You're not gonna change my mind, I'm not gonna change yours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom