Gas prices, anyone notice...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's honestly pure logic..... A cliché comment about being drug down to a certain level comes to mind.

speaking of honesty ... to get across impact of higher fuel prices I have not used fancy terms, fancy charts (charts posted was for small business survival), misleading numbers, etc, etc.

I've only used the broadest of terms and numbers to convey my position. which unfortunately is just now getting out. for some strange reason I cannot fathom... folks are just now waking up to the fact that HIGHER fuel prices has an immediate negative effect on our economy.

jumps of $1 gal have gotten normal ... this translates into an additional $66 for each household in America for every $1 gal increase. this is in addition to the extra $100 per month caused by fuel prices jumping from $1.50 gal to $3 gal.

just so you know I didn't just pull these numbers out of the clear blue sky ...

from an earlier post

let's use std numbers to make things easier to follow:

avg miles driven annually = 12,000 divided by say 15mpg = 800 gal x $1.50 = $1200 or $100 per month avg fuel costs

now let's use $3 gal x 800 = $2400 or $200 per month avg fuel costs

now let's use $4 gal x 800 = $3200 or $266 per month avg fuel costs

after Katrina .. virtually every household in America now has $100 to $166 less per month to pay bills, feed kids, buy clothing, etc. etc.

how can taking that much $$$ out of virtually every household in American NOT effect the economy?

ewcraig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"They" usually lower gas prices during the holidays because they want people to spend money on presents. Once you have spent the $ during the holidays, then they raise the prices after. This way they get your holiday money & then screw you on gas after.

Latest posts

Top Bottom