Get bit by a rattlesnake, ouch. Go to the hospital, get bill, OUCH!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could have cured him with electric shock @ the location of bite for just a few dollars.
A Taser, shock from a de-fib machine, even a spark plug wire from a running engine, shock around the bite, increase in radius depending on time since bite, & the electric shock will Neutralize the poison in the venom.
I am amased & shocked (no pun inteded) that more people dont know about this.
You guys dont believe me, do your research, you will find it to be true.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope... insurance companies just approve what they'll pay. You take it or leave it. Same with Medicare.

Seriously, though... if you don't like the cost, then do without. Demand will drive market price, and costs (and availability) will go down. It's simple economics, right?
Built into those room costs are frequently things like emptying trash cans, taking away food trays and other thoroughly non-medical expenses that they're charging thousands each for. It doesn't happen all the time, or at all hospitals, but it happens.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care who's paying for it medical bills are negotiable. It's also not unreasonable to ask for an itemized bill to check for billing errors. It didn't t cost the hospital that much to treat the patient that's just how much they chose to bill for the treatment.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wording at the top of that bill indicates "Medi-Cal," so I'd venture to guess that the bill was from a California hospital.

They are probably overcharging to help pay for all the deadbeats to whom California has allowed in and provided sanctuary.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could have cured him with electric shock @ the location of bite for just a few dollars.
A Taser, shock from a de-fib machine, even a spark plug wire from a running engine, shock around the bite, increase in radius depending on time since bite, & the electric shock will Neutralize the poison in the venom.
I am amased & shocked (no pun inteded) that more people dont know about this.
You guys dont believe me, do your research, you will find it to be true.

There is no medical data to support this... it has been studied ad nauseum and does not work, period.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care who's paying for it medical bills are negotiable. It's also not unreasonable to ask for an itemized bill to check for billing errors. It didn't t cost the hospital that much to treat the patient that's just how much they chose to bill for the treatment.

The bills are definitely negotiable. Some hospitals are glad to take off a huge chunk if you offer cash. By the way, ever notice that services rendered by non-profit medical service providers tend to cost more than those rendered by for-profit providers?

What is an acceptable gross profit margin for services rendered?

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no medical data to support this... it has been studied ad nauseum and does not work, period.

There is scientific data.
It does work. Doctors &/or hospitals just dont use this because it isnt a medical treatment, its a scientific treatment, & they want to make the money.
Ive seen it & know several people who have done this & the pain from the bite or sting was relieved within minutes. No ill or lasting side effects except some pain from the actual shock, which is temporary, as long as you dont have a heart condition or a pacemaker.
A Van de Graaff generator will do the same on a smaller scale. I have done this myself with wasp stings. Within 1 min of touching the generator, the pain & throbing from the sting was gone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom