Getting on my last nerve!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a pinched nerve in my neck/upper back for over two weeks now, and it is KILLING me!!!! Pain shooting across my shoulder, down my left arm, in to my hand, less my index finger, for what ever reason. I slept wrong.

Been to my doc, got an MRI, waiting for the freaking 31st for the back guy to see me. AAAARRRRGHH!!

Getting old sucks, and I'll tell you something else... nothing hurts worse than pain!!!!

Just wanted to vent. Thanks.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had this same problem a couple of years ago when I broke two vertabrae and ruptured a couple of discs. Lyrica was the only medication that actually relieved the pain, the narcotics just made me loopy enough to not care about the pain.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. The pain medicine has no affect on me. That's what I thought when I started taking half the amount. OOOOOUUUUUCCCHHHH! Won't do that again. I have some kind of cream stuff, but I can't tell if it does anything. This sucks.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had two back surgeries. I have a bad knee and a bad shoulder. I tried all kinds od pain pills that did not help. It seems like most Docs like to hand out Loratab. If I take two with about 4 beers, I can start to feel a little bit better. I hurt all the time, but the Bio-Freeze does seem to help a little. I take Ultram sometimes, and it seems to help. Nothing makes it go away.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dave if BB hasn't already done it I'll have her PM you with her experience with neck stuff. Hopefully today has solved her problem. It's a bit too early to tell yet but the results so are have been very good.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sympathy... Ive had the back "fixed" yeah, right... one knee scoped, a hand rebuild, and a shoulder worked over. Of all of it, the nerve pain from the back is the worst. Some of the other might have hurt more, but at least it could be isolated and immobilized or the pain meds would help. The nerve pain just seems to be kinda untouchable with traditional narco meds. Personally, I have found that a scalding hot bath helps. About 30 mins. as hot as you can stand it. I think it is just more about relaxation than anything else, but it is effective. Might give it a try. Also, be careful with alcohol and narcotics. They affect everyone differently. Although they may help one guy, that doesn't mean they will help you. For me, it gives me a terrible migraine. Good luck. I hope the quack can help you find some relief...

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Shooterdave sounds like Steve Austin!

Due to my injury in Iraq, I've had C4 through C7 fused in my neck via three surgeries and three plates and wires. Pain is something I've gotten used to. Lyrica and Soma help sometimes. I aslo have nerve damage to my ulnar nerve from my shoulders to my hand, so I have to be very careful how I pick things up, and can't lift anything over 25lbs. All this has even affected my ability to shoot. I've had to drop calibers that I can no longer shoot due to recoil. You need to find yourself a good nerosurgeon to give you a good look over, not a GP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom