Glock 26 vs Glock 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you guys find there's that much difference in the two models for carry? The 19 is a favorite of mine. Thinking about a 26 to complement my 19, but not sure about the short grip...opinions and thoughts please.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I've IWB carried the G19 and the G26 both. I didn't put any mag extension on the G26, so I carried it with the stock mags. I did find the G26 to be a tad bit easier to conceal (maybe 10%), but I have no problem concealing a G19 with just a pull over shirt either.

The thing that made the choice for me to switch to the G19 and selling the G26 was at a TDSA class where magazine reloads are much quicker because of the full handed grip of the G19. No flesh from your hand getting in the way of inserting a new mag. Better control and grip of the gun when firing. Not to mention that the G19 also has 5 more rounds capacity, slightly longer sight radius, longer barrel...

With that said, if someone wants to go as small as possible, the G26 is an awesome pistol too.

Good luck,

Alan

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It all depends on how you carry.I carry owb so barrel length is VERY important.I carry a 26 with a 19 mag/spacer and have found it to be perfect for me.It carrys better than my 19,doesn't poke the barrel out from under my cover garment as easily as the 19.

shootingbuff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The grip is harder to conceal then the bbl. That said both are easy to conceal.
Ref the short grip on the sub-compacts - don't worry about it you don't need to grip with your pinky, just curl it under the mag.

I reload using 19 or 17 mags and have no problem with reloads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom