Had a situation at my front door this evening

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_McLargehuge

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a girl try to pitch me a "carpet cleaning" deal including "one room cleaning done free". She could barely hide her attempt to scope out the inside of the house as I cracked the door. She didn't have any business cards or anything. After I got her to leave she got into an unmarked truck parked at the end of the block. Also, this was well after 9pm on a winter night. I now have a "no solicitor" sign. Haven't been bothered by crooks or missionaries since.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a girl try to pitch me a "carpet cleaning" deal including "one room cleaning done free". She could barely hide her attempt to scope out the inside of the house as I cracked the door. She didn't have any business cards or anything. After I got her to leave she got into an unmarked truck parked at the end of the block. Also, this was well after 9pm on a winter night. I now have a "no solicitor" sign. Haven't been bothered by crooks or missionaries since.
That's a Kirby salesman.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a youngling to this hipster Internet lingo. What is a "nb4 hip shot" ?

Way back when Danny, the OP made his first posts to this forum, he was going to shoot somebody in the hip at his apartment complex for what ever reason I don't remember. It went viral to say the least.

To Danny's credit he weathered the storm, and is still on here.

Sounds like he lives in a rough neighborhood.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was a pitch for a service, not a product. It was obviously a ploy to case my house and locate valuables to collect at a later time.
They will offer a free room of carpet shampooing because they make you sit through a demonstration of the entire system. The shampoo part is the final attachment they show. They have to offer something to get in the door. So it's 1 free room shampoo and they will typically carry around laundry detergent to give as gifts also. They aren't trying to sell you shampoo services. They want you to buy a $1000 vacuum.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They will offer a free room of carpet shampooing because they make you sit through a demonstration of the entire system. The shampoo part is the final attachment they show. They have to offer something to get in the door. So it's 1 free room shampoo and they will typically carry around laundry detergent to give as gifts also. They aren't trying to sell you shampoo services. They want you to buy a $1000 vacuum.

Works great, but you have to wear hearing protection if its still the one my sister bought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom