Had a situation at my front door this evening

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_10_16_ubyju7es.jpg

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DT, what part of Edmond are you in , I'm just north or Waterloo & had a guy come to the door as you discribe but he wasn't mouthing off. I came to the door with a excited dog in each hand he backed off raised his hands and said" don't shoot I'm one of the good guys". Little did he know the labs are too friendly just excitable but yes I had a pistol in my pocket, howd he know. Wonder if he is making the rounds

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DT, what part of Edmond are you in , I'm just north or Waterloo & had a guy come to the door as you discribe but he wasn't mouthing off. I came to the door with a excited dog in each hand he backed off raised his hands and said" don't shoot I'm one of the good guys". Little did he know the labs are too friendly just excitable but yes I had a pistol in my pocket, howd he know. Wonder if he is making the rounds

S/SW side. Last night I noticed a new topic in my Nextdoor app (app used by fellow neighbors for communication, great app!) asking if anyone knew what was going on on their street because two policemen were talking to a man they've never seen before. It was a block or two over and I filled them in on the story. She said the three of them seemed to be laughing and carrying on a friendly conversation. Whatever.

Then, this morning someone else adds a reply to the conversation saying this man is selling magazine subscriptions (for $100!). She knows this because he followed her kid home and thought it'd be an easy sale because she had kids (and he had no problems admitting he followed her kid home). She said she told him no thanks and he started getting pretty rude with her about how $100 doesn't mean anything to him, but apparently it does to her if she can't afford a $100 magazine subscription and how she needs to get her finances in order. Even she considered calling the police.

As far as I know, the police let him go, perhaps at least making him leave the neighborhood.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup I think he was selling magazine subscriptions now that you mention it. I guess he didn't like the dogs. 210 lbs of block head labs trying to get loose put him off. Never go to the door unarmed I try to get my wife& son to not even bother answering the door

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup I think he was selling magazine subscriptions now that you mention it. I guess he didn't like the dogs. 210 lbs of block head labs trying to get loose put him off. Never go to the door unarmed I try to get my wife& son to not even bother answering the door

This guy was a thin black man, probably in his late 20s to mid 30s. Short hair, khaki pants, blue plaid button long sleeve button down shirt, and red neck tie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom