Had a situation at my front door this evening

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new Danny Tanner sign should read, "I don't give warning shots. Just hip shots! You have been warned!"

To this day I still battle with my 6 year old running to the door when the door bell rings. He just doesn't understand the why behind my request to let me answer it. I've had every variant of individual ring my doorbell. 90% of the time I just stare at them through the blinds(they can't seem me) until they get bored and leave. Other times I'm in the mood for some verbal tape loop practice.

What I enjoy doing is catching them off guard. I have a rather small front porch area. Most often people think I'll answer the door and just stand in it. I like to come out the door shutting the interior door and glass door. They have to back off the porch for me to fully exit. I make them back down the step and look up at me. Give me the chance to look around and size them up. I generally only do this when I'm in a feisty mood.

I'd be a little concerned, as I'm sure Danny was, about the individuals intent. Nothing in his description leads me to believe this guys motives were anything but dishonest.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They will offer a free room of carpet shampooing because they make you sit through a demonstration of the entire system. The shampoo part is the final attachment they show. They have to offer something to get in the door. So it's 1 free room shampoo and they will typically carry around laundry detergent to give as gifts also. They aren't trying to sell you shampoo services. They want you to buy a $1000 vacuum.

This is for anyone who owns rental property.

A buddy of mine runs about 10 or 15 rentals in Shawnee.
Every time he gets a free shampoo call he accepts.
He schedules one of his empty rentals and get a free cleaning. :hyper: :bowdown: :wave:

As for my man Danny. You have had your fair share of crazies buddy. Glad it didn't turn south on you.
I'm afraid as soon as the hand came shoving into my dwelling I would have been backing up shooting or shatting. :rollingla

Last edited:

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were getting people coming to the door almost daily. Very unusual for me to answer door. I put up a No Soliciting sign over a year ago, we have only had two people ring our door bell since.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live several miles from town. We get a lot of the neighbor kids coming around to sell their fundraiser stuff. I almost never buy, but I give them a chance to polish their pitch. If they do a great job, I'll buy. For that reason alone, I at least look to see how tall the door ringer is. Unless I'm getting hit by a band of midgets, I figure I'm good.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They will offer a free room of carpet shampooing because they make you sit through a demonstration of the entire system. The shampoo part is the final attachment they show. They have to offer something to get in the door. So it's 1 free room shampoo and they will typically carry around laundry detergent to give as gifts also. They aren't trying to sell you shampoo services. They want you to buy a $1000 vacuum.

Or Rainbow, or shark air cleaner....etc.. LOL

Try $2000+ for the entire kaboodle...Yeah..8)

Latest posts

Top Bottom