Have You Noticed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TV folks no longer pronounce the “T” in words. Important is now imporant, I just heard one reporting on the Russian events and it was president puin. And some in their reports of the mini-sub failure were calling it “Tian”

Is there a shortage of T’s?
I correct my grandkids all the time about this. And then there is the idiot Mayor in NYC. It’s PIZZA not PISSA.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What torques me is the so called reporters on tv that can't even talk. Every other word is uh..somebody uh got uh ran over uh with you know uh by you know a truck today uh because it uh took you know uh 5 minutes for uh this uh reporter to tell uh them to uh you know uh move. Somebody uh needs uh to you know uh pay my uh college uh you know uh bills. It's just uh like uh too much uh since I uh bought a a uh you know uh masters in uh broadcasting... .

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What torques me is the so called reporters on tv that can't even talk. Every other word is uh..somebody uh got uh ran over uh with you know uh by you know a truck today uh because it uh took you know uh 5 minutes for uh this uh reporter to tell uh them to uh you know uh move. Somebody uh needs uh to you know uh pay my uh college uh you know uh bills. It's just uh like uh too much uh since I uh bought a a uh you know uh masters in uh broadcasting... .

Evan Onstot drives me daft ... 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The panoply of vernacular presentations commonly referred to as drawls across the Suthron regions are as sweet music to my ears. In the days before the Borgish monoculture began it’s brutal cultural assimilation under the guise of Walmart, I could generally nail down the place of origin of most suthroners within very few sentences. When I was at Mickey Mouse Institute, the lilting tones from Judson Baptist Girls College were as a carillon at sunset. My my my... The Suthron drawl is the most natural progression of that kindred tongue from which it did derive. Cousins, separated by centuries and oceans, when fairly met will find easy discourse betwixt the Gaelic brogue of Eire and Scotia and our own fair Suthron estate.

However, the nasally screeching of nails on chalkboard, that vulgar expulsion of breath generally misnomered as speech by the inhabitants of the dismal northern climes will forever be anathema to my senses.
You have a most eloquent way with word-smithing, If I may say so 👍

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mean . . . it might not have started this, but it definitely started something . . .

giphy.gif
That was the beginning of the best 4 minutes of the movie.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TV folks no longer pronounce the “T” in words. Important is now imporant, I just heard one reporting on the Russian events and it was president puin. And some in their reports of the mini-sub failure were calling it “Tian”

Is there a shortage of T’s?
They be a try’n ta reduce the impact on climate change by verbally abbreviating words broadest on da news media.

Latest posts

Top Bottom