How do you pay for your addiction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the you're doing it wrong category, I've got a wife that doesn't work, and two kids, and I love to eat. I also have way too many hobbies.

Now, I don't smoke, and I rarely drink. I have very little debt, and believe in focusing on paying off lasting bills (cars, etc.) as quickly as possible. No sense in paying interest if you don't have to.

The real key for is I put my change (anything left over from my daily budget) in a jar. After a few months, if there's enough in there and no emergency arises I see if I have enough to grab what I want. Sometimes it's yes, other times it's no. Recently I got hit with dental bills for the kids and a broken AC unit. This time there wasn't enough. Hopefully next time.

I also take a page from some of the other guys here. If it's not something I really want I'll try to sell or trade it for something I do want. Honestly, if I could justify it, I'd keep every firearm purchase I make. It's just not sustainable for me.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and Daughter are slowly trying to intervene and doing a damn good job of it,I'm down to only 3 pistols on my handguns,told the wife im sellin her before I get rid of anymore guns! Not really but I want to.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drive a 15 year old Toyota, and the wife drives a Jeep Grand Cherokee limited from 2002. We paid cash when they were new. We are both hourly workers, and when we first got married, we knew that we had to finance something to get started. When the vehicle got paid off, we continued to make payments into a savings account at the bank, at the same rate. Next vehicle, wrote a check for the 40K vehicle. No payments. House got paid off, we continued to make the house payments into another savings account. Major house remodel over the last year, we wrote a check and paid for the whole thing in cash.
We have a nice house and pool, acreage, etc, keep the AC low and the heat high in the winter.
If you want to live debt free, its possible. Cook at home, buy in bulk, grow a garden etc.
Yes we did raise kids, and they didn't get denied anything.

STWshooter87

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
For us we live on a budget. No way around it. Every dollar has to have a name on it and I reconcile the family account checkbook every Saturday to the penny. I eat those Bumblebee Tuna kits for lunch $2 each & try to do everything with less than I need. I have to admit that my family is pretty spoiled though. We have high speed internet, HD cable, 4 cell phones, and 3 cars. 1 for my wife, 1 for my 17yr old, and one for me.

So...I trade guns for guns and sell something valuable to make a deal. We try to enjoy my salary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom