i just want to scream...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I heard on Fox News this morning that the Bushmaster .223 was the same weapon the military uses because it inflicts so much damage.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I was at a family gathering. My liberal sister started blathering about "assault rifles". I picked up a toy car and hit her with it, then proclaimed it an "assault toy" that should be banned. In retrospect, it didn't help may case, but my conservative brother got a good laugh out of it, at her expense.

I laughed :D

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I was at a family gathering. My liberal sister started blathering about "assault rifles". I picked up a toy car and hit her with it, then proclaimed it an "assault toy" that should be banned. In retrospect, it didn't help may case, but my conservative brother got a good laugh out of it, at her expense.

If only this was acceptaed as a valid argument in congress. Pretty funny though.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing fresh about this hell. I would also like to point out that the difference here is small children. There are gonna be a lot more people upset about this one. Even other school shootings have had older victims and the perpetrators were other students. This was a grown man, slaughtering kindergartners. You better get ready. This one's the straw that broke the camel's back, I think. Unless more reasonable thought processes prevail, we're all losing something in this.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I use the "assault phone" illustration to have the same conversation all the time. I have never gone as far as actually smacking someone with my cell but it'd be funnier that way. I like to clarify to folks that "assault rifle" is not a noun, it's an adjective followed by a noun. If a man is beaten to death with a Daisy Red Rider... He was killed by an "assault rifle".

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing fresh about this hell. I would also like to point out that the difference here is small children. There are gonna be a lot more people upset about this one. Even other school shootings have had older victims and the perpetrators were other students. This was a grown man, slaughtering kindergartners. You better get ready. This one's the straw that broke the camel's back, I think. Unless more reasonable thought processes prevail, we're all losing something in this.

^^^^^
This...

Been around 60 years - 61 in about a month. Saw Kennedy go down and Jack Ruby kill the assasin. I remember the University of Texas Tower killings, RFK, ML King, Wallace. The McDonalds massacre in CA and the Killeen, TX cafeteria shootings. I remember those and all the rest and up until FRIDAY the most thought I ever gave to a single one of 'em was **** happens. Heck - even after 911 my main reaction was, hell, here we go again.

But not Friday.

People I know and work with, even my children and wife consider me a crusty ole curmudgeon with a soft gooey center that makes an appearance only on special occasions. But Saturday night after retiring to bed the soft gooey center exploded with a vengeance. That whack job (what the hell is an autisitic person doing with guns anyway - how the hell did he get 'em) who took out twenty 5 and 6 year old kids really got to me. I raised 3 daughters to adult hood, have 8 grand kids the oldest being 10 and the youngest 2 and am now raising a 5 year old boy. All I could think about was what if one of those had been mine or one of my grand kids or my 5 year old son. It got to me. After much reflection I still have no idea how I would have reacted if it had been one of mine killed.

I've chilled since then.

But how many have not?

How many Americans are still freaked out, angry and are letting their emotions control their actions and for how long.

The antis are going to strike while the iron is hot and the deaths of 20 young children will be used as the coals to stoke the fire. It is their only chance to see the changes made they want and you can bank on it that the media will hellp them in any way they can to keep the iron hot for as long as possible.

Letting cooler heads prevail is not in the cards for the foreseeable future - at least not unitil - like SMS says - the masses are distracted by another shiny object.

Let us remember to not let our past victories to restore our rights lull us into a false sense of security. Let us keep our local, state and national legislators know what we think about any legislation. Let 'em KNOW - and remind them - OFTEN!

Latest posts

Top Bottom