I like Feinstein's bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just hope they don't try and tie pieces of this ******** gun legislation to some other piece of **** legislation and hide it inside some other crap legislation.

What these morons should be doing is getting a balanced budget out, instead they are killing jobs and rights.

What they need is term limits, so they have to go back to society and live with the laws they have passed.

Rant/off

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The solution is simple. The republicans need to elect a speaker of the house who has some testicles and simply refuses to bring any bills restricting the second amendment to the floor.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly.
The republicans will attempt to negotiate the minimal loss of rights resulting in her getting what she wants.
The republicans should counter at the get go with outrageous demands that children should have guns at age 12, provided by the government and other stupid things like that.
Then after negotiations, we will keep what we have.
Both sides compromise, everybody's happy.

I love this idea.

Dwmckie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts on this, and you guys tell me if I'm getting off track.

1. the Feinstein bill does seem overkill, and the idea that this can be used to trade off with Repubs for something else makes sense, but... remember that Obama has lost a lot of support from the radical left because he hasn't done enough of what they want. What better way to possibly gain some of that support back than by throwing his support behind a hughly radical anti-gun bill?

2. would Repubs like Boehner waffle and compromise our rights for their own things? Darn tootin they will. And consider how the rhino Repubs have been pushing off and isolating the tea-party new congressmen into go-nowhere committees and moving other Repub threats off of important committees.

3. But back to the bill. Yes, it's extreme, and in normal reality, this would go nowhere in Congress. We're not in normal reality, folks. We have a President who has already shown a liking of executive orders much more than past Presidents. So, would it be so far out of reach that Obama may follow Rahm's Rule of never letting a tragedy go to waste, decide that gun violence is a clear and present danger, and sign Feinstein's bill into law as an executive order? Is there any other possible way that this thing could get passed by the normal process as it stands?

Does this make sense? Or should I start working on my tin foil hat?

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of what's in this bill is beyond scope for executive orders. The only thing he can really do that way is import limitations, from what I understand.

I still think its good that the banners are showing just how extreme they are here. They can no longer try to claim they don't want our pistols.

As the emotions calm from CT, I think this bill hurts them in the end.

Yojinbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/f...ein-goes-for-broke-with-new-gun-ban-bill.aspx

I just read it. The part that made me sit up was: "Requires owners of existing “assault weapons” to register them with the federal government under the National Firearms Act (NFA)."

Read that keeping in mind that the same bill effectively designates any rifle with more that 10 rounds an "assault weapon". So if I want to keep any AR I am going to have to go through the NFA process.

This is a lot different than the Clinton ban "grandfathering existing weapons".

Devon

Latest posts

Top Bottom