I think I'll let it die

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh and drink this beer!!

But seriously my water bill is as high as my electric keeping this green in this heat.....

Attachments

• image-3623521254.jpg
    image-3623521254.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 201

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Danny Tanner said:
I've been watering mine every other morning. It's definitely not as green as it should be, but it's an uphill battle.

I do mine twice every other day 0700 hrs and 1900 hrs. My system runs for 15 minutes in the beds(2 zones) and 20 minutes on the lawn(4 zones) an hour an 45 minutes. Ts the only one this green in my hood and it always looks great but the bill is stupid for water....

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Danny Tanner said:
I've bumped my mower up another notch. I still mow it so it looks manicured, but gives it a bit more length to avoid HOA fines.

Already there. I mow mine at about 1 1/4" versus start of the season when it's mowed at 3/4".

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 9 zones, one of them is a flower bed, run every day starting at 3am 30 mins each zone. Wife says I need to cut down to every other day, says bill was to high.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a sprinkler system. I have been putting a sprinkler out for about 3 hours in one spot, and I only have to water it once every 7-10 days. The short, frequent waterings promote shallow roots. The long soaking waterings promote deeper roots, that deep water evaporates slower than the surface moisture.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use two oscillating sprinklers at a time and I have 4 "zones" i made my self. In the back I let em run for 30 min and in the front I let em run for 45. I need to get one of those timer things and do them in the morning time but in the big side of the front I have to move it halfway thru. I'm dedicated but not that dedicated. I don't know how i'm doing it but my water bill has only gone up 6 bucks from the average! I don't think they have checked the meters lately.

Latest posts

Top Bottom