I think I'll let it die

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking for an excuse to put edible landscaping in the front yard anyway (better light for a garden than the back) so if the bermuda dies, oh well ...

From what I know of bermuda grass though it just NEVER dies ... Kinda like Zombie grass if you ask me ...

We have really sandy soil so I could water all day every day and it wouldn't matter. I'm not willing to pay that kind of water bill ... the electric bill is bad enough ... GAH!

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My back yard is about dead and I water it. Lots of shade garss, can't take the heat. Never seen it this dry before.

That's the problem with my back yard. Even with watering, the heat was getting to what little fescue I have anyway. I just up and stopped since it was planning on reseeding the bare spots (probably half the back yard) this fall anyway.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We put in a bunch of sod in the backyard this spring... damn rains came in and washed half of it up, then within a week or two, it was mostly all dead anyways with the heat. :( Could only put in fescue, as it's an area that really gets NO direct sunlight at any time. Was just tired of seeing bare dirt back there. We did what I thought was good prep-work, taking up all of the existing spotty vegetation, breaking up an inch or so of ground where we were laying it down and covering with another inch or so of new topsoil mixed with fertilizer. Shiteload of work for my poor wife over several weeks.

I guess maybe we'll try again this fall.... <sigh>.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had some Ska Brewing last week when we were in Pagosa Springs. Pretty good beer! I'm kinda bummed I didn't try the IPA now.

If you ever get the chance, like at a Flying Saucer pub you need to try there Ska Decadent Imperial IPA....AWESOME!!! The True Blonde and a few others are good too.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom