Just got a Makarov!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'd probably be okay with these sights, then. Worse than a snub nose wheel gun lol

d23b3f12eb90654b269f61e9e0293da2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those are nice....lol

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't too long ago these were $99-$129 all day long. I probably would've kept mine if that grip was around.

MosinMann

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The new FAB grips are a nice addition. They change the grip angle that most people will find more comfortable, and the thumb release positively launches out the magazines. I put my fab grip up for sale though because the mak is not my carry gun and I just love the look of the red Bakelite grip. And for me, looking good at the range is #1 priority

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A casual observation: The Makarov is one several pistols spawned by the Walther PP series. Actually, the Mak offers one improvement (in my opinion that is) that I am aware of. The Makarov has the orientation of the safety lever, as seen in post #1 and #7, down to Fire, where the PP guns have the lever up to Fire. On the PP pistols, a common problem among some of them anyway, is a tendency for the lever to "fall" down from Fire to Safe when firing. That is not a good thing if one is trying to dispatch enemy soldiers!

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new FAB grips are a nice addition. They change the grip angle that most people will find more comfortable, and the thumb release positively launches out the magazines. I put my fab grip up for sale though because the mak is not my carry gun and I just love the look of the red Bakelite grip. And for me, looking good at the range is #1 priority

I'll give it a chance for carrying. A friend from work has a used alien gear holster for a shield he was going to sell me, but I didn't know at the time so I bought one online. I'll ask to buy his then get a Makarov shell for it, since they're like 10 bucks.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Winner! Good to see you have your priorities straight!

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A casual observation: The Makarov is one several pistols spawned by the Walther PP series. Actually, the Mak offers one improvement (in my opinion that is) that I am aware of. The Makarov has the orientation of the safety lever, as seen in post #1 and #7, down to Fire, where the PP guns have the lever up to Fire. On the PP pistols, a common problem among some of them anyway, is a tendency for the lever to "fall" down from Fire to Safe when firing. That is not a good thing if one is trying to dispatch enemy soldiers!

Yeah, I saw your thread about it a while back. Is it something which can be fixed on the Walthers or is it just inherently that way?

Latest posts

Top Bottom