Kansas goes constitutional carry.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I'll probably catch crap on here but I like the idea of having to pass a class to carry in public. My instructor was very informative and brought up interesting scenarios that I had never even thought about. For example, if you are put in a situation in which you have to act, what you do and what you say to an investigating officer could be the difference in going home or going to jail that night. I think that it is a right for people to be armed, but I also feel in situations that involves public or personal safety, it is the responsibility of the individual to be educated on the subject. I know it can be an expense and a pain in the ass to take the time but if it saves a life or keeps a good person out of prison because he/she wasn't educated on when it's justified to use force or uses the wrong verbiage in testimony, then it is totally worth it.

with the bolded part I agree, and I have no issue with the state taking interest in that safety and offering courses and training to ensure that the public is informed and trained on all matters of firearm safety and laws. mandating it before being allowed to protect one's self is a whole different story.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wondering when we can expect our classes on voting to begin? you know, to make sure people can read their ballot, people have read up on and are educated on the issues and understand the risks and the positions, history, credibility and focus of each candidate. Wouldn't want people exercising that kind of power without making sure they were capable of handling it first, right?

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For a state that was relatively late to the licensed concealed carry status, it's interesting that KS has already lapped OK on understanding the concept of rights. Further proof of the low quality of thinking we're electing to serve us in OK.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You just exercised your first amendment right of free speech. Did you complete your requisite class on that before exercising that right?

.... not sure that's a bad idea... You'd hear a lot less ignorant comments if people were required to be educated on a subject before flapping their gums.. :)

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
with the bolded part I agree, and I have no issue with the state taking interest in that safety and offering courses and training to ensure that the public is informed and trained on all matters of firearm safety and laws. mandating it before being allowed to protect one's self is a whole different story.

I agree with your point and I am not saying that the law should stand as it is now, with all of the hoops to jump through. Take the hunters education for example. A person can go online and take a learning module and print off a certificate. That way he/she is presented with the information needed to make an informed decisions. I think that if a person has time to acquire a handgun and find CCW holster then they have time to go online and take a 30 minute module outlining laws and firearm safety.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you feel that people should be able to hunt without a hunter education card?

The hunter ed card is a fairly new thing. Some of us hunted many years without it, and I'm pretty sure no one in my family before me ever had one. (I only got one because another state required it for me to hunt there)

You might be surprised to find out how well things run without much regulation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom