KTUL Closing Down??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hank5366

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Claremore, Oklahoma and grew up watching KTUL channel 8. Bob Hower, Don Woods (and Gusty) doing the weather and Chris Lincoln with sports.

I remember TV shows like Uncle Zeb's Cartoon Camp. My cousin was there once and got to cross the bridge and say hello to everyone. If you know, you know.

Then of course, who could forget, the Dr. Mazeppa Pompazoidi's Uncanny Film Festival and Camp Meeting. It was actually pre Saturday Night Live, and very low budget, but I loved it.

Then, on Friday nights, sometimes my dad (if he was off work) would let me stay up late with him and watch the Plenty Scary Movie at 11:30, right after Star Trek which was my favorite TV show back in the day.

Dad was an avid scary/horror movie fan up until the day he died. He "liked" the Jason and Freddy slasher films well enough, but the old Bella Lugosi and Lon Chaney, Jr. classic B&W monster movies were his favorite.
Thank you Glock, you just brought back lots of good memories!! Loved Mazeppa and Teddy Jack Eddy!! LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom